• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ms1 to ms2 with contributions in ms2 already

tec

hiya all, ok, here is my situation.

i have an ms1 but i have to migrate the db from ms1 to ms2. The catch is, the ms2 has some custom work to it with some added DB work. Is there a way of comparing the ms1 db to the ms2 db to see what i have to update?

Not only in differences from MS1 old store to MS2 new store, but also in the other areas due to contributions, etc. Example would be configuration groups and configuration values, which are completely different from a default MS1 or MS2 store.

You can use the File Compare facility in Text Pad to compare both sql files - once you've downloaded backups of both databases. There's also a programme called Beyond Compare, but I haven't used this so can't recommend it.

Vger

You can use the File Compare facility in Text Pad to compare both sql files - once you've downloaded backups of both databases. There's also a programme called Beyond Compare, but I haven't used this so can't recommend it.

Vger

thank you very much, i will give it a shot and hopefully come back with some good news :thumbsup:

Vger

Hi again , ok, i return, but only with bad news

:(

i tried to do the beyond compare and almost had heart failure. I dont think i am cut out to do this....

so i decided to go from the ground up

i did a new install of ths ms2.2

using PHPMYADMIN went into the old db of the ms1, went to SQL, selected all and saved locally

when i went back to the ms2 and ran my sql from ms1 it gave me this...

-- Table structure for table `address_book`

--

CREATE TABLE `address_book` (

`customers_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

`address_book_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '1',

`entry_gender` char( 1 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_company` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

`entry_firstname` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_lastname` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_street_address` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_suburb` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

`entry_postcode` varchar( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_city` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',

`entry_state` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

`entry_country_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

`entry_zone_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `address_book_id` , `customers_id` )

) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'address_book' already exists

so i thought what the hell...and went ahead and ran the .php file in the extras folder of the ms2, well, when i did that i got this

Upgrade

Step 1: Database Upgrade

? Address Book

- Configuration

1075 - Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key

ALTER TABLE address_book DROP PRIMARY KEY

[TEP STOP]

so when i went back to the cart page for the hell of it, nothing was different, none of the products had been brought over or anything like that

Archived