• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install HELP

stardanz1

Okay, I'm trying to install osCommerce and I've searched this forum and Google for the answer, but I couldn't find a clear and PRECISE answer. I've recently installed Apache2/PHP5/MySQL5/phpMyAdmin on my local computer for testing and they all work just fine. I've setup a sample database and everythings okay. But, when setting up osCommerce I get the following message:

Import Catalog Database:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
osc_draw_checkbox_field()
in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install.php on line 24

I believe the basic problem is simply the paths that are being used to call other .php pages. I know that the function osc_draw_checkbos_field() is in the file html_output.php which is required by application.php. I had to change the relative path to the absolute path on my local testing server, as such:

require('http://localhost/catalog/install/includes/functions/html_output.php');

But, I don't know how many other paths may need to change to the absolute URL's. Why wasn't I able to simply drop the "catalog" and "extras" folder into the root directory of the local server, as the documentation states, and be ready to go.

Does anyone have a fix for the function? Does the function definition/call need to change?

Thanks for anyone's advice,

stardanz1

• 8 months later...

Archived