• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

only Visa, MC & Discover

Carder

I followed the instructions from a prior post to change the cc_validation.php to only allow the cards that I choose. However, how can I list that information on the Checkout >> Payment Method page so that my customers will know what is accepted before they enter in other credit cards and receive the error message?

I followed the instructions from a prior post to change the cc_validation.php to only allow the cards that I choose. However, how can I list that information on the Checkout >> Payment Method page so that my customers will know what is accepted before they enter in other credit cards and receive the error message?

I found the answer myself as I am starting to understand php a little more. For anyone who is interested, I changed the text in /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php

changed line 13 from:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card');

to:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard or Discover');

Once there you can enter whatever credit cards you would like. This in only the text that shows up on the checkout page for your customers. It is not the underlining code that is used to read and accept the credit cards - that, I believe, is in the cc_validation.php file from another post.

Archived