• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with shipping don't know what I should do

aprildain

Hi all,

I am new to all of this. Right now, I just use a basic per item shipping charge.

I got an order from malaysia, so now I realized I need to change my shipping.

I've looked at this forum and I don't understand anything. Can someone please tell me what I need to do from start to finish?

Thanks.

April,

Since your shipping cost is per item...I would control the cost to locations...this is easly setup using either the zone.php or the region.php

either rtn uses tables which can be set up by item, weight or cost and zones or egions ie usa,can and other countries or states to determine the shipping cost which you would set up in their tables...easy

to install...just read and follow the instruction instruction closely...

If you run into snags just post your problem their will be someone that will respond to help...if not just let me know.

Roman

April,

Since your shipping cost is per item...I would control the cost to locations...this is easly setup using either the zone.php or the region.php

either rtn uses tables which can be set up by item, weight or cost and zones or egions ie usa,can and other countries or states to determine the shipping cost which you would set up in their tables...easy

to install...just read and follow the instruction instruction closely...

If you run into snags just post your problem their will be someone that will respond to help...if not just let me know.

Roman

Hi roman,

I'm just confused about everything. What are zones? How do I know what number to use for what zone? I am scared of messing everything up. Thanks.

April

Hi roman,

I'm just confused about everything. What are zones? How do I know what number to use for what zone? I am scared of messing everything up. Thanks.

April

Or could you recommend a website that will explain this to me step by step?

Thanks.

Or could you recommend a website that will explain this to me step by step?

Thanks.

After you setup your zones, you might want to look at...

REQUEST FOR QUOTE: Freight and International Shipping Quote Modules

My site uses the USPS and UPS modules. International shippments won't factor, so that leaves the Quote option for international customers. Also works for freight shippments.