• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error /store/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 32

jschief

Ok add me to the list of screw ups. I am getting the following error;

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /public_html/store/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 32

Would someone please email or post an unmolested version of this file please. I have been over this a dozen times and can't find any error.

Thanks

J

Ok add me to the list of screw ups. I am getting the following error;

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /public_html/store/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 32

Would someone please email or post an unmolested version of this file please. I have been over this a dozen times and can't find any error.

Thanks

J

If you post the code here, someone will usually spot the error for you, its usually a missing comma or apostrophe. Otherwise if you just want to start over again, get the fresh download from this site, unpack it and go from there.

Be Well

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Thanks Tina, Good Idea. I really don't want to start over. I am ready to open.....

Here is the codes giving me the error:

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2005 Way Out West Entertainment

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', '<b>This store is not open yet, please check back any products purchased will not be delivered or billed</b>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'New Available Merchandise' );

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'The New Susie Dobbs Store - Now Open');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

Help greatlyappreciated.

J

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');
 define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Steve,

I just got this error again. I was able to fix the problem, but everytime I modify the text at the top, I lose the same 2 lines. Any idea why or how to fix this? Also I get TABLE_HEADING_NE_PRODUCTS at the top of my new products box on the main page. Which page do I need to change this? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

James

Steve,

I just got this error again. I was able to fix the problem, but everytime I modify the text at the top, I lose the same 2 lines. Any idea why or how to fix this? Also I get TABLE_HEADING_NE_PRODUCTS at the top of my new products box on the main page. Which page do I need to change this? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

James

Are you using the test editor in the Admin section? If you do, dont. It takes out the slashes.

Best thing to do is download the file you want to change to your local pc, change it in notepad or php editor (or Dreamweaver and frontpage) and upload it again. Always make a back up before you change anything.

HTH

Giovanna

Edit the files in Notepad or Dreamweaver by all means - but do not use FrontPage. FrontPage is not a plain text editor, it formats text and can screw your files up - ditto Word or Wordpad.

Vger

Archived