• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer receiving error when going thru checkout

I have a customer in Belgium who is trying to make a purchase but cannot complete checkout.

Orders are fine for all of my other customers; whether they choose PayPal or Checks/Money Orders; their purchases are being completed just fine.

She's putting several items in her cart and proceeding thru checkout and at some point in the process, a screen appears saying 'page not responding' or 'server does not exist'; errors like that. On the bottom of her screen, she's seeing the following message:

res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

Any ideas what that could be? She's using the checks/money orders/cash module for payment, so, this is not PayPal related in any way. My webhost told me to try checking my config files; that it could be SSL related. However, I'm not using SSL and both files say 'false' and...all other customers are not experiencing any trouble at all.

She's tried repeatedly to make the purchase and this happens each and every time. Help?

Andrea

Thanks, Vger.

I tried Googling that error message and it surely does point to a Windows error of some kind.

Is there anything she could run or do, short of dragging the PC to a repair shop and paying a lot of money to have it fixed?

Andrea

Archived