The e-commerce.

Installation problems please help

boil42

I have installed os commerce

hph5

mysql5

Windows xP iis

Internet explorer 6.

When setting up for first time, new installation page comes up, second page when I add user name, server name, database name ect.

Then when I submit, the next page only displays the 10 3rd of what should be displayed (see attached). ....no errors...nothing

Can anyone assist....I'm totally stuck since i can go no further.

snap1.gif

cheers

Lance

• 3 weeks later...
php5 is not compatible with osCommerce, and Windows IIS is total rubbish.

Vger

Vger,

why do you say php5 is not compatible with osCommerce, but most people are installing it with php5 ??

as for IIS, it might be rubbish, but that is what I am using on my server, so, I guess I'll have to stick with it.

:thumbsup:

php5 is not compatible with osCommerce, and Windows IIS is total rubbish.

Vger

Do not hold back You should tell us what you really think.

I have to agree with Vger. The amount of time I see people spending just getting osC up and running because of sever or hosting issues when they could install it on a more compatible platform and be done in a few minutes and start doing the real work of getting their store full of products and looking like they want it to look and their business up and going I just start wandering off and mumbling to myself wondering what they are thinkiing.

Just because you can get osC working on a windows server or yahoo or godaddy or any other hosting that is not really setup well after spending hours to do so does not mean you should.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived