• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to display all products under one category?

timisnumber9

Hi,

My site is set up with many different categories and each of these categories have sub categories in the range of 0-9 & A-Z...eg:

-Ladies Fragrances

- A

- Allure

- All About Eve

- B

- Beyond Paradise

- Baby Doll

etc, etc

As a customer must go down 2 levels before they reach any products there are no products displayed until they choose say 'A' or 'B'. So to get to see any products in the category 'A' a customer would need to select 'Ladies Fragrances' > 'A' and then the products would be displayed.

I want to be able to have it so that when a customer clicks the top category of 'Ladies Fragrances' all of the products in all of the sub categories under 'Ladies Fragrances' are displayed in Alphabetical order eg:

- All About Eve

- Allure

- Baby Doll

- Beyond Paradise

Then the customer has something to look at....they can then choose the letter they want to narrow the product search.

Anyone know how to do this? I am not sure if i explained it clearly or not tho :S

Cheers

Tim

There is a contribution called All Products. With that installed the customer will have the option of clicking to see all products listed. Be aware that this will increase your bandwidth usage quite a bit.

Vger

THanks for the reply.

Perhaps i didn't explain myself properly though.

What i want to do is show the '<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?>' in the top categories and not just those with products in it.

At the moment i have a multiple categories at the top level one of which is 'Ladies Fragrances'. There are no products dirctley in the 'Ladies Fragrances' category only sub categories such as 'A', 'B', 'C' etc. Each of these sub categories has multiple products.

I want it so that when the user selects one of the main categories such as 'Ladies Fragrances' or 'Mens Fragrances' that it will display all of the products in the PRODUCT_LISTING style under the selected main category.

eg a person selects 'Mens Fragrances' i want it to list ONLY Mens Fragrances that are under the main category of Mens Fragrances so all of the products under this category no matter of their depth.

Sort of like how the 'New Products for November' would do but not just the new products and in the PRODUCT_LISTING format....

Cheers,

Tim

• 6 months later...

Archived