• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My Entire LIVE store is now gone. Please help!

LisaT

First of all I couldn't get into admin because of the following:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 58

and now I can't get into my store home page with a similar error message:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 65

I can't see anything wrong with database.php - in fact I have another store and I compared the database.php files and they're both the same.

Is this a permissions issue - I saw something like this is another post with similar problems - what should permissions be for includes/functions/database.php?

I'm really confused though because it was literally working fine one day and then like this the next.

I really hope someone out there can figure this out......

I've just compared permissions with another OSc site that I have and have now changed permissions in includes/functions/ to 777. This has cured the problem of my store error message. However, I am still unable to get into Admin. Same error message as in post below.

I've run out of ideas now. Anyone??

You can try to change line 65 in application_top.php to include instead of require.

BUT, it looks like the path isnt correct. Should the url really be in there the way it is?

Permissions on folders should be 755 except for 'images' and 'graphs' folders which should be set to 777. Permissions on files should be 644 except for the two configure.php files which should be either 644, 444, or 400 - depending on the server setup.

Vger

Archived