• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleting "welcome to blah blah" from main body?

I installed a contrib that for some reason doesnt allow the "Welcome to my shop" to show up on the index page any longer. It wouldnt be a problem but now there is just blank space, the writing is still there in the source but its not visible for some odd reason.

Instead of fixing it I was thinking of using that space for something else like banners for certain products or specials. Or simply enough just tightening everything up. However I cant seem to make a change in the code on the right file, I figure its the index.php but where do I need to edit?

I installed a contrib that for some reason doesnt allow the "Welcome to my shop" to show up on the index page any longer. It wouldnt be a problem but now there is just blank space, the writing is still there in the source but its not visible for some odd reason.

Instead of fixing it I was thinking of using that space for something else like banners for certain products or specials. Or simply enough just tightening everything up. However I cant seem to make a change in the code on the right file, I figure its the index.php but where do I need to edit?

a little more info is needed to help, but the language you refer to is in includes/languages/english/index.php

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

I didnt intend to lose the "Welcome to blah blah" when you first enter the site (/catalog/index.php) but it happened when I added the header controller tags contribution.

Now there is nothing there but blank space where it used to be, I dont know how to explain it any more than that. The little category image is on the right hand side of a huge space about 100-200 pixels high before the content starts in the center "body" section.

Archived