• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

menu link and customizing

DanielLandry

I installed osCommerce and CRD Loaded and, although I didn't have any prior experience with PHP, it managed to setup a functionnal store and customize its look.

Now, there is that little navigation bar, that gives the path like this: "top >> catalog >> category >>".

I would like to change the url "top" points to.

Thanks in advance for any help you can profide.

DL

I installed osCommerce and CRD Loaded and, although I didn't have any prior experience with PHP, it managed to setup a functionnal store and customize its look.

Now, there is that little navigation bar, that gives the path like this: "top >> catalog >> category >>".

I would like to change the url "top" points to.

Thanks in advance for any help you can profide.

DL

Hello,

That is defined in your application_top.php file on or around line 466:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

Now as with most things in osCommerce, its not a good idea to simply hard code values, rather to use defined constants as is done here. HEADER_TITLE_TOP is defined in english.php as "Top", as well as translated in the other language files espanol.php, german.php, etc.

HTTP_SERVER is a special case as its defined in your configure.php file. Normally filenames are defined in the filenames.php file and that is where you want to get the value if you are going to make a change here. Either using an existing definition or defining a new one, i.e. define('MY_NEW_FILE', 'my_new_file.php');

Do be sure and make a backup before you make any changes.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

That is defined in your application_top.php file on or around line 466:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

Now as with most things in osCommerce, its not a good idea to simply hard code values, rather to use defined constants as is done here. HEADER_TITLE_TOP is defined in english.php as "Top", as well as translated in the other language files espanol.php, german.php, etc.

HTTP_SERVER is a special case as its defined in your configure.php file. Normally filenames are defined in the filenames.php file and that is where you want to get the value if you are going to make a change here. Either using an existing definition or defining a new one, i.e. define('MY_NEW_FILE', 'my_new_file.php');

Do be sure and make a backup before you make any changes.

Be well,

Tina

Tina

Thank you so much for this explaination. Worked a treat!!

-- Mindy

Archived