• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce vs ??????

tonynw

i have been told that due to the session ids that are generated with oscommerce that my site will never rank high in the search engines i dont understand any of the jargon but is this the case ?? i have looked at software by mambo and fishyshoop but i am open to sugestions

thanks

tony

there's a session id killer contribution ;)

disable session id's for spiders via stock osc (admin panel configuration) and session id's will have no impact on your ranking

sesion id's or no session id's - it's not the software that determines your rank, it's the usefulness of your overall website.

it's a LOT of work to get a good ranking if you're selling common items/keywords

what works for others won't necessarily work for you. there's a lot of topics about seo and there's several seo contributions to add to your oscommerce shop:

- search engine friendly url's

- meta tags generator

etc, etc.

i've had several seo experts look over my own site before, while they deemed it excellent for seo, i come accross tiny problems every now and then, that they overlooked.

trial and error is the best way to rank good on the search engines

have turned the session ids off but they still show up any other ideas ?

If your session ids are showing up in the url you've got the setup wrong. Most likely in the configure.php file.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

prevent spider sessions - true?

force cookie use - true/false?

use cache - true?

is the cache directory correct?

i may be missing something, but i pulled these from my admin cp settings

i have been told that due to the session ids that are generated with oscommerce that my site will never rank high in the search engines i dont understand any of the jargon but is this the case ?? i have looked at software by mambo and fishyshoop but i am open to sugestions

thanks

tony

This is not true.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived