• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal as a credit card processor

celcon

Hi,

Up until now I've had three payment option, cheque, paypal or credit card. The company that was processing the credit cards for me has made some changes lately that have pretty much screwed things up, so I've removed that option. I'd like to still accept credit card payments but through PayPal. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get the PayPal payment screen that gives the option of credit card or logging in to an account. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi,

Up until now I've had three payment option, cheque, paypal or credit card. The company that was processing the credit cards for me has made some changes lately that have pretty much screwed things up, so I've removed that option. I'd like to still accept credit card payments but through PayPal. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get the PayPal payment screen that gives the option of credit card or logging in to an account. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

here is a link to the download you need, good luck! I am still trying to get mine to work right, but I will get it, anyway here it is PayPal Pro

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Check out this post, I think this is what you want to do, just scroll down till you see my reply.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175696&hl=

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Check out this post, I think this is what you want to do, just scroll down till you see my reply.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175696&hl=

Hi,

I already had the on button selected, but it still somes up with the normal log in screen, with the option to signup. No credit card option.

here is a link to the download you need, good luck! I am still trying to get mine to work right, but I will get it, anyway here it is PayPal Pro

Will that pass any extra parameters to PayPal and the shopping cart? Right now if someone pays by PayPal, none of the extras come through. For example, one product can be personalised with a name, so I name a text box on the product page. When paying by credit card, the name in the text field always came through in the order, but when paying by PayPal, it just comes through as TEXT. I'm using the PayPal IPN.

If all you want to do is collect the credit card info and pass it to PayPal to process and have PayPal invisable to the customer I don't think it can be done.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

If all you want to do is collect the credit card info and pass it to PayPal to process and have PayPal invisable to the customer I don't think it can be done.

I've seen other sites paypal payment screen, where it is split in two, one side is to pay by credit card and the other is to log in to a paypal account. That's what I'm trying to set up.

I've seen other sites paypal payment screen, where it is split in two, one side is to pay by credit card and the other is to log in to a paypal account. That's what I'm trying to set up.

not real sure what you mean by split in 2, but with paypal pro, it wil keep paypal invisible while processing your customers order info. and once you install paypal pro, then the payment screen will have whatever modules you have selected, check, paypal standard, credit cards(really paypal but hidden), and paypal express....whatever modules you allow. You can contact paypal for info about it.

good luck :thumbsup:

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Try accessing the store from a computer that you have not accessed your paypal account from or remove the paypal cookie from your site. That will let you see what a non-paypal member will see. This will most likely let you see the screen you are looking for.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi, customers are able to pay by credit card without an account, but for new users the current screen can be offputting or confusing. It has the log in to paypal bit with a click here if you are not a member. Not everyone realises they can use their credit card here.

What I'm after is what Ebay have on their paypal payment screen, I've also seen the same on a few other sites. Just can't see how I get it.

paypal.gif

Archived