• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with error message

maritc

A customer e-mailed me and told me she gets this error message when she tries to get into my store:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

I don't have any problems and everyone I have asked to check it doesn't have any problems, either. I'm receiving orders OK and are able to add products like before. Why is this error message coming up? My store has been up and running since May 2004 and nobody has mentioned anything like this before. I told her to delete her cookies, temp internet files and log to see if that would do the trick, but she still can't get in.

I can't even seem to locate the php.ini file, and it's been so long since my installation that I don't remember what it was. And my searches here on the forum didn't help me any. So I hope someone can tell me what's going on.

The link to my store is

http://www.scrapbookexpress.no/catalog/index.php

I would greatly appreaciate you help. Happy Thanksgiving from Norway! :)

A customer e-mailed me and told me she gets this error message when she tries to get into my store:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

I don't have any problems and everyone I have asked to check it doesn't have any problems, either. I'm receiving orders OK and are able to add products like before. Why is this error message coming up? My store has been up and running since May 2004 and nobody has mentioned anything like this before. I told her to delete her cookies, temp internet files and log to see if that would do the trick, but she still can't get in.

I can't even seem to locate the php.ini file, and it's been so long since my installation that I don't remember what it was. And my searches here on the forum didn't help me any. So I hope someone can tell me what's going on.

The link to my store is

http://www.scrapbookexpress.no/catalog/index.php

I would greatly appreaciate you help. Happy Thanksgiving from Norway! :)

You will want to check with your web host and ask them if they have turned register_globals off. It is a security issue and I've heard of many web hosts following this practice. If it has been turned off, you will need to make some adjustments. I don't have any experience dealing with that particular issue, however I'm sure there is someone here who will be able to help you on that one. First step though is to find out if that is your problem.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Archived