• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error & now I can't get into Admin!!

LisaT

I accessed my site admin, made some changes to text in header tags controller, clicked update and got the following:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 58

And now I can't access Admin at all. It asks for my username and password and then just gives me the above error message again.

But I didn't do anything to either of the files mentioned in the message, and Admin was working fine until about 20 minutes ago. What's the problem and how do I fix it?

I accessed my site admin, made some changes to text in header tags controller, clicked update and got the following:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 58

And now I can't access Admin at all. It asks for my username and password and then just gives me the above error message again.

But I didn't do anything to either of the files mentioned in the message, and Admin was working fine until about 20 minutes ago. What's the problem and how do I fix it?

Undo whatever you did and see if that sorts it. If you add text make sure you use / when you use ' I can never remember which way around tho.

HTH

Giovanna

I can't undo what I did as I did it through Admin. and now I can't get in. All I did was change some of the text in Header Tag Controller and now I get this when I try to access Admin:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 58

I really hope someone can help as the client will go nuts when he sees this!

I can't undo what I did as I did it through Admin. and now I can't get in. All I did was change some of the text in Header Tag Controller and now I get this when I try to access Admin:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/reedex/www.reedexpress.co.uk/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 58

I really hope someone can help as the client will go nuts when he sees this!

Never amend text in the Admin section. This removes the \ from the text. If you know which file you amended you will have to download it to your computer and use a php editor or DW or Frontpage to check the text. 'What's New' should be down as 'What\'s New' etc.

Always download the files you want to amend, make a copy as back up. Amend the files, upload them and if something goes wrong you can upload your originals.

HTH

Giovanna

Check your database and the connection.

The message is telling you:

that either the database.php is not avail, or anything related to this file, or that something with the path /usr/local/lib/php is wrong.

Only my 2 cents.

Giovanna: All I did was change the title tags within header tags controller in Admin - nothing unusual and no words with ' in them.

Andreas: database.php is there and I don't know where to start looking for files related to database.php that may have caused the problem!

Archived