• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Have I missed something

richrich

I set up this shop and thought "this is a superb piece of kit"

I then realised this was not the case. Half my orders were missing. I then discover all the problems with paypal & nochex when the users does not click "return to merchant"

I have installed the paypal IPN module (which is detailed as a fix) which works fine except it is for credit cards????? I am not interested in credit cards, how is this a fix for paypal users wanting to pay via their paypal account or have I missed something??

I then attempted to set up the nochex apc module to fix the same problem but with nochex. I am fairly good with php and setting up this kind of thing but this is just totally confusing. there are numerous .txt files with content and little or no explanation as to what they are for. After 2 hours of trying to work this out I have given up.

This software is excellent but answer this: The point of a shop is to take orders. If the software (by default) is loosing the orders and there is a fix, why has the fix modules not been included as standard?

I have spent about 30 hours setting and testing my shop and now find most of the orders go missing and the paypal fix does not help as it is for credit cards and the no chex required a degree in php to even understand what is in the folder.

Am i the only one who now feels this was a complete waste of my time and I should have brought a commercial product that actually works?

I set up this shop and thought "this is a superb piece of kit"

I then realised this was not the case. Half my orders were missing. I then discover all the problems with paypal & nochex when the users does not click "return to merchant"

I have installed the paypal IPN module (which is detailed as a fix) which works fine except it is for credit cards????? I am not interested in credit cards, how is this a fix for paypal users wanting to pay via their paypal account or have I missed something??

I then attempted to set up the nochex apc module to fix the same problem but with nochex. I am fairly good with php and setting up this kind of thing but this is just totally confusing. there are numerous .txt files with content and little or no explanation as to what they are for. After 2 hours of trying to work this out I have given up.

This software is excellent but answer this: The point of a shop is to take orders. If the software (by default) is loosing the orders and there is a fix, why has the fix modules not been included as standard?

I have spent about 30 hours setting and testing my shop and now find most of the orders go missing and the paypal fix does not help as it is for credit cards and the no chex required a degree in php to even understand what is in the folder.

Am i the only one who now feels this was a complete waste of my time and I should have brought a commercial product that actually works?

osc is actually a great product, I too had a bit of trouble, but it was mostly because I was making things more difficult than I needed to. Have you gone to your paypal account and set up the redirect link? if not then have it redirect to paymment_process.php, this has solved all of my order problems since I did that. I never installed the paypal IPN, because after getting the redirect to the right page it always has worked.

I really hope you can find osc as rewarding as I have, it is a great product, and lets not forget, it is free, so the little bugs here and there that there are are really no big deal, considering that you can pay hundreds of dollars for a cart program that is not nearly the quality of osc.

Be well and keep your head up! :thumbsup:

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived