• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank Catalog...

arch3angel

Hello Everyone,

I installed OS on my CentOS server and everything went fine. At first I had problems with the globals but I fixed that. Then the admin page would not open, simple showed a blank page. I viewed source and this is all that appeared:

<html><body></body></html>

I opened the index.php file and everything is in there just fine. So for testing purposes I changed the permissions from chmod 706 to chmod 777 and the admin page appeared.

Then after walking through the admin setup, I went to open the catalog and BAM same thing. The problem now is every file int eh directory is set to chmod 777 so this can not be the solution.

I have looked through the threads and have not found anthing related to this problem. Can someone please help me figure this out so I can move on to figuring how to inport this into the current site for a seamless transistion...

Thanks a million

Hello Everyone,

I installed OS on my CentOS server and everything went fine. At first I had problems with the globals but I fixed that. Then the admin page would not open, simple showed a blank page. I viewed source and this is all that appeared:

<html><body></body></html>

I opened the index.php file and everything is in there just fine. So for testing purposes I changed the permissions from chmod 706 to chmod 777 and the admin page appeared.

Then after walking through the admin setup, I went to open the catalog and BAM same thing. The problem now is every file int eh directory is set to chmod 777 so this can not be the solution.

I have looked through the threads and have not found anthing related to this problem. Can someone please help me figure this out so I can move on to figuring how to inport this into the current site for a seamless transistion...

Thanks a million

Try 755 your apache or win install is probably running as a user other than what your directory structure owner is. You should only need read and execute to view the page.

Archived