• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate

richard-r

Hello everyone,

Although I have a website based on the OsCommerce template for about one year now, this is the first time I have posted to this Forum, so hello all.

I have a webmaster who does work for me as regards product placement, but because he's doing 1,001 other things with his other customers, I seem to wait forever to get things done.

I know you can put products on the site using the Admin site, but when I have hundreds of products to enter, that too can take forever.

I think my site has 'Easy Populate', but how I use it, I haven't got a clue. In saying that, I really do need to get to know how to use it for my own benefit, so I can perhaps get things done more quickly.

I feel that my business is suffering somewhat because my website is not being kept up to date with new products often enough.

I do hope someone can help me on this matter please.

richard-r

I suggest you go here. Download the easy populate contribution. Look at the install file and the how to use directions to get a good grasp on it.

It definetly will help you with sooooo many products to upload.

For a quick trial you can go into your admin look under the catalog listing for Easy Populate. Assuming it is their, click on it and then choose your download. Once you get the download open it in excel and add your products. Save the file and go back to your admin Easy populate and upload the file.

You might also find help in the contributions thread, just search for Easy Populate there.

Good Luck,

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

I suggest you go here. Download the easy populate contribution. Look at the install file and the how to use directions to get a good grasp on it.

It definetly will help you with sooooo many products to upload.

For a quick trial you can go into your admin look under the catalog listing for Easy Populate. Assuming it is their, click on it and then choose your download. Once you get the download open it in excel and add your products. Save the file and go back to your admin Easy populate and upload the file.

You might also find help in the contributions thread, just search for Easy Populate there.

Good Luck,

Moon

Hi, thank you for your posting. I look at the easy populate link and got more confused. There are too many new and revisions, not too sure which file should I download. Would you please kindly direct me to the version that works. Thank you in advance. Kady

I have Easy Populate in my Admin site (2.74-MS2). I then chose a file to download and then opened it up in Excel and..........now what?

I have multiple products to replace and upload, so what do I do now?

As an example, lets say I have 100 products to replace with the ones that are on view in Excel, what would I actually have to do to replace them all?

Are there any 'Easy Populate' media player type tuitions available to view?

richard.

You're in the wrong forum for that question really. There is a very long thread in Contribution Support about Easy Populate and if you take the time to go through all of that then you'll probably find answers to all of the questions you have.

Vger

You're in the wrong forum for that question really. There is a very long thread in Contribution Support about Easy Populate and if you take the time to go through all of that then you'll probably find answers to all of the questions you have.

Vger

Ok thanks.

Archived