• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up Paypal

ProjectGrizzly

Hi, I'm new to OSC and I'm trying to set a site that is able to accept Paypal, as well as check or money order. It seems easy to set up paypal, I've installed the module and enabled it, and set the sort order.

When I go through the checkout procedure (www.smc-racing.com/shopping) (the shopping isn't live at this point) though paypal does not come up in the list of options. Has anyone encountered this before or does anyone have any suggestions?

It sounds as though there is a paypal contribution I should add as well. Do any paypal users out there suggest any of the paypal contributions?

Additional question: When I am ready, is there anything I need to do to make the site "live" besides updating the links on the original site to point to the shopping area?

Thanks,

Darren

When I go through the checkout procedure (www.smc-racing.com/shopping) (the shopping isn't live at this point) though paypal does not come up in the list of options. Has anyone encountered this before or does anyone have any suggestions?
This sounds like it is workig as it should. What problem are you having?
It sounds as though there is a paypal contribution I should add as well. Do any paypal users out there suggest any of the paypal contributions?
Use the oscommerce_paypal_ipn contribution.
Additional question: When I am ready, is there anything I need to do to make the site "live" besides updating the links on the original site to point to the shopping area?

Thanks,

Darren

Nope, that's all you need. It is actually live now. It is just that there is no obvious link to it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This sounds like it is workig as it should. What problem are you having?

Jack

Thanks Jack, I guess maybe I don't fully understand how the paypal option works.. I assumed when someone went through our checkout, there would be a paypal option to choose and it would step into a paypal payment section. Do you have a site that uses paypal so I can see how it is supposed to function?

Oh, I see what you mean. You need to go to admin->moduls->payment,select the PayPal item and click on install. Then click on Edit and enter your email address in the required field. It should now show up in your payment section.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived