• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Designer Clothes for Kids - UK Store

Josephine

www.cotswoldkids.co.uk

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this recently (re)launched store. I am especially interested in how easy it is to find the product you are looking for. My client and I have spent many, many hours trying to organise the store to make it as easy as possible for clients to shop but it has got to the point where I can't see the wood for the trees!

Many thanks for your time and hopefully for your feedback.

Josephine

Nice site. I would have preferred a more vibrant color scheme for the store as it deals with children but its still good. The front page seems to have way too much text for a website.

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

Nice site. I would have preferred a more vibrant color scheme for the store as it deals with children but its still good. The front page seems to have way too much text for a website.

Thank you for your reply. The huge amount of text on the front page is mainly to pick the site up nicely in Search Engines (and it's working pretty well - if you look at the stat counter at the bottom you will see a dramatic increase in hits when I took this site over in late October). I've tried to minimise this by using show/hide layers for the labels text but I agree that it's a lot of text!

How easy do you find the site is to navigate?

Would you feel happy to buy from this store if you were looking for designer clothes for kids?

Many Thanks,

Josephine.

Hi,

i agree with sarafina. Generally it's a clean site, but the text on the front page is way too much. i think it would be better if you can condense the text and use clear and concise bullet pointed sentences.

The front page after all wants to have the products emblazoned proudly to entice the customer.

The right hand list of labels confused me for a while as instead of singular links the whole lot takes you to an anchored link on the same page...could be better executed i think.

Overall yes i would feel ok about buying from this store.

good luck,

janice

Hi

I also think you have over done it with the text, he main page needs some text but its more important to have a main page that shows customers what you sell, it did'nt scream baby to me.

i would cheer the site up some how, you do sell children products, too much green for my likings.

Anyway, as the others have said above its a good start, just that little extra needed.

Good luck : )

looks like i'd better work on tidying up that front page! I agree with you about the green. I have to work with the colours of their logo and i've found it difficult to find something that looks right with both those greeny/blue colours. I'll have a rethink though and try and add a little something to give it some ooomph!

The labels on the right are really only there for Search Engines but there's no point in getting hits without happy customers wanted to stop and shop so perhaps another rethink needed.

Thanks to you all for your very helpful comments.

Josephine

Archived