• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Engraving Options

coriej

I have a client who offers a variety of jewelry pieces for sale, and offers engraving on them for an additional charge. We need a way where the buyer can:

indicate if he would like engraving

indicate what the engraving should read

(and here's the part that's giving us fits) make sure that if the buyer is purchasing two identical necklaces, but wants two different engravings, that the cart recognizes this and can keep track - her current solution just won't go there.

Can oscommerce do such a thing? I want to check before starting her down a particular path

I'm probably missing an obvious solution.

Thanks so much!

I have a client who offers a variety of jewelry pieces for sale, and offers engraving on them for an additional charge. We need a way where the buyer can:

indicate if he would like engraving

indicate what the engraving should read

(and here's the part that's giving us fits) make sure that if the buyer is purchasing two identical necklaces, but wants two different engravings, that the cart recognizes this and can keep track - her current solution just won't go there.

Can oscommerce do such a thing? I want to check before starting her down a particular path

I'm probably missing an obvious solution.

Thanks so much!

We are going to be needing the same type of "fix" for our system. Hope someone smart ;) finds this post and gives us some good advice.

David

Archived