• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order problem

richrich

Hi,

Have just set up my site and mainly working fine except:

I have been receiving paypal/nochex payment confirmations from customers orders but when looking at the orders page do not have any to match the payment received. Having tested ,this I have found that that after the payment is made there are several buttons offered to the buyer like 'upgrade paypal account' and 'return to merchant'

If the users clicks 'return to merchant, they get the oscommerce confirmation of order screen, the order is complete and all works fine.

If one of the other buttons is clicked to navigate elsewhere in paypal or paypal is closed, it appears the order is not completed so the system never saves it and although you have a new customer profile (which was created at the beginning of the order and saved, there is no order logged for them.

So far, I have had 15 orders via my new oscommerce store but only 3 have been logged. This would suggest the 'return to merchant' button is being missed. Users are seeing the paypal payment confirmed screen, assuming they have finished and go elsewhere, not clicking 'return to merchant' button and hence not completing the order (as far as the os commerce system is concerned)

One other quick question, is the shop meant to email the owner when an order is logged? Having tested, it send a confirmation of order to the buyer but as the shop owner, I do not receive anything saying an order has been placed. The first I know is when I receive the paypal/nochex email confirming money received.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

Have just set up my site and mainly working fine except:

I have been receiving paypal/nochex payment confirmations from customers orders but when looking at the orders page do not have any to match the payment received. Having tested ,this I have found that that after the payment is made there are several buttons offered to the buyer like 'upgrade paypal account' and 'return to merchant'

If the users clicks 'return to merchant, they get the oscommerce confirmation of order screen, the order is complete and all works fine.

One other quick question, is the shop meant to email the owner when an order is logged? Having tested, it send a confirmation of order to the buyer but as the shop owner, I do not receive anything saying an order has been placed. The first I know is when I receive the paypal/nochex email confirming money received.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks

Search the forum for paypal or paypal IPN, it comes up alot and there is a solution.

For receiving a confirmation order email, you set this in you admin at My store called 'send extra order email to' put inthe email you want to use there.

HTH

Giovanna

Search the forum for paypal or paypal IPN, it comes up alot and there is a solution.

For receiving a confirmation order email, you set this in you admin at My store called 'send extra order email to' put inthe email you want to use there.

HTH

Giovanna

Archived