• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

In desperate need of help!

timmyhavoc

Hi all

Im working on a clients OScommerce site that was originally set up by someone else, so its something I didnt set up in the first place so dont know the ins and outs that well. Ive redesigned it and everything by playing with the PHP code etc. and it works fine except for this small matter!

When adding new categories in the admin page they show up fine... on the admin page! but when i go back to the shop site the categories dont appear. However adding products works fine ?! Ive seen this problem in the forums the other way round but no one seems to have this problem.

The cache is turned off btw. Ive read a bit about this but come to the conclusion this isnt the issue because it was always turned off since i got it.

I did edit the includes/boxes/categories.php a little bit to accomodate a background and an image title instead of plain text but seeing as products do show up, it cant be this. There is also a file called categories_old.php (Dont know if this comes with the original package or not) and when i upload that instead, it works! but it looks crap.

My other concern is that browsing through some of the posts, everyone seems to have a folder called categories but when i recieved this project there was no such folder. Instead I got this within the configure.php file:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/paradin/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

which points directly to the public_html folder...which cant be right surely?? Could anyone who has gone through the installation process help me out here and let me know if this is a problem??

Archived