• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what ones do i really need? search engines

hello ,

i was wondering if any body had any opinions on search engines.

my shop is based in new zealand, so i wont be selling overseas, so do i submit to every search engine , or just stick to the major few, or the more the better.

thanxs any help taken kindly.

There is usually no need to submit at all. Have you checked to see if you are already listed? If your site has been up for more than a month then odds are it is listed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There is usually no need to submit at all. Have you checked to see if you are already listed? If your site has been up for more than a month then odds are it is listed.

Jack

hi jack

thanxs for the answer, so your saying if my site is already on the net it will get listed anyway. But should i submit my site to at least the major ones i know of, i submitted in ipowerweb as they have a page where you submit to a whole lot, but then i get all these you have submitted emails, and was wondering if i just submit my site to , google, yahoo, altavista, and a few bigger one is this better.

As the smaller american ones might not have a use to me anyway ( or am i thinking about this wrong.

I understand you have to submit to some site or they wont happen to find you, or is that worth the hassle.

also to get sites to link to your site, is there a thread explaining what and how its best to do this.

thanxs jack

titch

Yes, if your site is not being blocked in some way, it will get listed by just setting there. Of course, without optimizing the pages, it won;t list well but that is a different problem. It won't hurt if you submit to the SE's. In fact, you can submit many times if you want. it won't make any difference but you can do it.

To get links, you have to go after them yourself. Install the Links Manager contribution and start a links exchange campaign to get as many relevant links as possible.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Um, google and a number of other SEs publish that they will not list sites that submit multiple times in one month.

Submit to as many as you want, but don't resubmit more than once every 30 days.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Archived