• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Order not showing up

Hello people.

I've got the paypal problem that is listed on here. I've not got around to fixing it yet. Other priorities at the moment but I have a problem.

I have had an order and the customer has paid by paypal.

However, the order is not showing up on my site. Please can someone explain how I can investigate the database with MySql to find out exactly what the customer ordered.

Please could you explain it as if it were to an idiot because that's what I am.

Here's hoping you can help me out.

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks mate. I know what's causing it but I would like to be able to investigate the DB to find out.

Trouble is, I've been clicking about in mySql all morning and have not managed to figure it out.

>_<

I know i have it sometimes with Nochex.

What you do is, you should know the customers name (from paypal). After you login to your phpadmin go to the table 'customers'. In the box below there should be part of a sql query (something like select * from 'customers' where) After where, click on the right hand panel for last_name so it appears after where then type = and then the customers last name. This should come up with a result. Write down the customer_id on a piece of paper.

Then go to the table customer_basket and go to the sql query box and do the same but now with customer_id = xxx

It should show up the product_id for the items in the basket and the amount. Again write these all down.

Then go to the products table and same thing with the query to find the names of the product_id. Id you write those down you possibly have the order. What I usually do is then put the order through my test account with the same delivery address and check if the amount paid is the same as the total in my test account.

It is a bit of work. But it does work.

Dont forget to send an email to your customer asking them to confirm the order.

HTH

Giovanna

Thanks Giovanna.

Under normal circumstances I would have asked the customer simply what they ordered.

However this order was in Spanish from spain and when I've tried communicating with customers using the online translators it's allways messed up and we've mis interpereted the messages.

I paid for the translation service so can't go back to the translator. Thanks for your help mate I've now got the order and processed it, although a bit long winded. You certainly wouldn't want many of those.

• 1 month later...
After you login to your phpadmin go to the table 'customers'. In the box below there should be part of a sql query (something like select * from 'customers' where) After where, click on the right hand panel for last_name so it appears after where then type = and then the customers last name. This should come up with a result.

Thanks!

This is great for missing orders, I have fixed the paypal pro8lem, 8ut sometimes I dont have the orders.

Thanks again!

Archived