• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing

nick106b

Hello All,

My Web Host is down temporarily, so I've got time to re-plan a bit.

I've tried adding OS Comm to existing web pages, without much luck, so should I try to do things the other way round? I mean - load OS Comm up on the host (via cPanel X) and then add my web pages to it?

I'm asking because I just had a week or so of total frustration and I simply haven't a clue...

Any advice would be welcome - even if you call me a dip-stick!

Cheers, Nick.

I think keeping osCommerce as contained and virgin as possible is the best thing. Its not an easy beast to tame at the best of times, so trying to integrate it with other content is going to be a full-time occupation.

Install it but keep it in a separate directory, with simple links between any other content and osCommerce itself.

You might look at something like phpwebsite, et. al. which has the ability to incorporate osCommerce in to the main design.

I've been going through the same thing- but given a low priced hast, I decided not to go with a dynamic website, but rather a static one with osCommerce as a separate entity.

You might look at something like phpwebsite, et. al. which has the ability to incorporate osCommerce in to the main design.

I've been going through the same thing- but given a low priced hast, I decided not to go with a dynamic website, but rather a static one with osCommerce as a separate entity.

Hi there, l looked, I saw, I was totally confused!

The site is far too techie for a greeny like me... Is there anything simpler I can use?

Cheers, Nick.

Archived