• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Invalid Process

My osCommerce shop has been running for several months now. I have the PayPal IPN contribution installed in it, it's been working fine until today. Now, when a customer successfully completes an order, I receive the confirmation e-mail from osC, the confirmation e-mail from PayPal, and another one from PayPal with the subject "PayPal IPN Invalid Process". It looks like this (I've amended some details to hide them, like e-mail addresses)...

$_POST:

payment_date=08:35:57 Nov 22, 2005 PST

last_name=Buyer

payment_gross=

mc_currency=GBP

[email protected]

payment_type=instant

verify_sign=ADtqh12slJ0-pJfvzno8K2uH2lzQAQgqgb.3Mc.E4TUQvzw.AvtldPVN

[email protected]

txn_id=5J248692MX7730204

[email protected]

first_name=Customer

parent_txn_id=61982125X22912138

invoice=202

payer_id=8H43WEY56DV9L

receiver_id=WTNMRT43Z3BU2

item_number=

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=

mc_fee=0.44

shipping=0.00

mc_gross=6.98

custom=13

charset=windows-1252

notify_version=1.9

$_GET:

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this has started happening all of a sudden?

Cheers,

Rog

Check your addresses on the Paypal site. Some things where changed when I went and looked up information for the site that I did, that we did NOT change.

One of these days, I will actually understand what I just changed...

But reading the Manual DEFINATELY helps...

The addresses look fine, I've just checked. So it would appear that isn't the problem. The error is occuring at the beginning of the PayPal process. It says "PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]" when it used to say "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; ?n.nn)] ".

Any ideas anyone?

Check the product descriptions for every Invalid email, see if the product description has a non Alpha Numeric character in it. Possibly a + or -.

Rename the product description of one of the failing items, and do a test payment.

Check the product descriptions for every Invalid email, see if the product description has a non Alpha Numeric character in it. Possibly a + or -.

Rename the product description of one of the failing items, and do a test payment.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried it - but no difference.

Any other suggestions please?

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem.

And here is what I get in the shop on the order status:

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

04/11/2006 13:20:45 Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Pending; multi_currency]

04/11/2006 13:20:51 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

04/11/2006 21:30:27 Pending

04/11/2006 21:33:03 Processing

04/12/2006 11:47:21 Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

04/12/2006 12:00:56 Processing

If you noticed after that I set up to processing, the status come back alone to Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

Weird!

I have started to recive PayPal IPN Invalid Process messages.

I have osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 which was running fine. Yesterday it started to send emails back to me with PayPal IPN Invalid Process. the order goes through but the customer can see this message in the order history.

10/04/2006 17:42:50 False Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

they used to get this message

01/04/2006 15:04:18 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; ?30.49)]

I have done some more investigation. Built a clean install added the PayPal IPN module. Version 1.0 still the same thing I get a debug email and the Order Status is set to PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]. I have also checked with my service provider ( http://www.nativespace.com/) if they have done any changes to the server but they say they haven’t.

Has anybody got any suggestions.

Do you think PayPal has changed any settings? My errors started on the 9th April

Edited by blueSatsuma

The error "PayPal Invalid Process" sometimes occurs when you have (in your PayPal account) enabled Encrypted Web Payments - without setting up your Pay Pal IPN to handle them.

Alternatively, it's possible that you are all with the same hosting company and they have made a change which affects OpenSSL without telling their customers (or owning up to it).

Vger

Found the problem to my Issue with PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

On PayPal GOTO MY ACCOUNT / PROFILE then goto

Website Payment Preferences

I switched off PayPal Account Optional

it started working again - best check any other options in PayPal

Andy

• 4 months later...

I would like to take credit for this, but I can't. I ran into this problem with the UPS shipping module using osCommerce. I check this module a bit and noticed the ipn.php file, located in the ext path of the catalog was using curl. I host with GoDaddy, so I thought I would use the work around that worked for the UPS module.

Around line 71 of ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php you should find something like:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

add the following lines beneath this:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://64.202.165.130:3128");

This will allow the server to relay back to the PayPal servers to complete the bidirectional communication necessary to complete the IPN process.

Once I did this, the orders started to update properly.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Take care,

Lorenzo

• 9 months later...

Lorenzo-

Thank-you so very much for the advice- it worked for me and was so easy. Thank-you!!!!

APQ

I would like to take credit for this, but I can't. I ran into this problem with the UPS shipping module using osCommerce. I check this module a bit and noticed the ipn.php file, located in the ext path of the catalog was using curl. I host with GoDaddy, so I thought I would use the work around that worked for the UPS module.

Around line 71 of ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php you should find something like:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

add the following lines beneath this:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://64.202.165.130:3128");

This will allow the server to relay back to the PayPal servers to complete the bidirectional communication necessary to complete the IPN process.

Once I did this, the orders started to update properly.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Take care,

Lorenzo

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I am having the same problem here, but only randomly:

we are hosted on Mediatemple, and in the past 6 months we received plenty of Paypal payments, all no problem.

But in the past few days, we received twice (among many orders with no problem) the email

"PayPal IPN Invalid Process".

Now, the status of the orders is changed correctly in our system, so means IPN is working anyway even if reporting the error.

And again, among those 2 payment reporting error, we had lot of others with no problem

how could this happen?

hypothesis:

the ipn communication failed on the 1st time for whatever connection problem, an error was reported and immediately after the IPN script was called again, this time succefully (in this case, i dont have to worry too much, just make sure i give it a check each time an error is reported)

there is something weird in the content of these 2 orders i cant see... and that i should fix

any clue?

Edited by jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

• 3 months later...

i am using osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3 , and its working for me. At first i too get a lot of errors like this.. of invalid transaction. , but first we have try make an exact email test account thru developer sandbox. then use the password

And make the setting in your oscommerce modules payment at paypal IPN settings with your sandbox business test account email. and just configure your autoretrun domain path at your testing email account profile at sandbox account.

thats all..