• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Got me bugged!!!!!

lulah

Hi all,

Knowing my luck this is prolly something so simple and i and just to much of a noob to figure it out. but I have been working on the problem since thursday.

I have had this site running for a while now, and there is probably a few of you who have seen it and commented.

My problem is if you check out my site www.lulahtech.com.au you will see that none of the images or colours are loading on the page. I have uninstalled OSC a few times and reinstalled it, thinking maybe there was a problem with something that I coded. But this still happens with a fresh install.

I have contacted my hosting company, and they are trying to tell me that I have set the images to SSL. I don't really understand what they mean by that, and if so, why after a fresh install the images still do not load.

Also, when I go to my admin site, down the left side where the padlock is, it says that I am protected by and UNKOWN secure server.

What did I do????

Hi all,

Knowing my luck this is prolly something so simple and i and just to much of a noob to figure it out. but I have been working on the problem since thursday.

I have had this site running for a while now, and there is probably a few of you who have seen it and commented.

My problem is if you check out my site www.lulahtech.com.au you will see that none of the images or colours are loading on the page. I have uninstalled OSC a few times and reinstalled it, thinking maybe there was a problem with something that I coded. But this still happens with a fresh install.

I have contacted my hosting company, and they are trying to tell me that I have set the images to SSL. I don't really understand what they mean by that, and if so, why after a fresh install the images still do not load.

Also, when I go to my admin site, down the left side where the padlock is, it says that I am protected by and UNKOWN secure server.

What did I do????

<base href="https:///"> = wrong

Treasurer MFC

Hi,

I too have recently experienced the same problem [see www.sansalcohol.co.uk].

Everything was working correctly, all images being displayed and CSS working; I haven't changed anything to the site, so I am at a loss as to why it has happened.

Any idea's as to what the problem is would be greatly received!

Cheers

This seems to be a problem specific to Internet Explorer, my site is viewing correctly in Firefox.

It did used to work correctly in both :huh:

Hi,

I too have recently experienced the same problem [see www.sansalcohol.co.uk].

Everything was working correctly, all images being displayed and CSS working; I haven't changed anything to the site, so I am at a loss as to why it has happened.

Any idea's as to what the problem is would be greatly received!

Cheers

This seems to be a problem specific to Internet Explorer, my site is viewing correctly in Firefox.

It did used to work correctly in both :huh:

yes, it only affects IE as in "if you define base href, IE will use it, all others ignore it".

I believe it is due to setup changes on your server which affects the way the system determines whether it is in ssl or nonssl mode.

look in application_top as to how $request_type is determined, there is the problem.

Treasurer MFC

yes, it only affects IE as in "if you define base href, IE will use it, all others ignore it".

I believe it is due to setup changes on your server which affects the way the system determines whether it is in ssl or nonssl mode.

look in application_top as to how $request_type is determined, there is the problem.

I am having the same problem. But I am not sure what is wrong or needs fixed?

I have confermed that has something to do with the ssl, I was conserned that I may have messed something up with all the contribution I have added so I made a clean install. tested and all was good then added the ssl and sure enough the images went to the red x.

I am not very versed on scripting, does anyone know what might need changed/fixed to get around this little bugger?

Please and thankyou. :D

Archived