• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

saj-uk

hi,

i want to put the store offline, for maintenace,, how does one do that from the admin as there is no option to switch the store off..? for a short perioed.

any help woule be a great help.

Thanks

saj

hi,

i want to put the store offline, for maintenace,, how does one do that from the admin as there is no option to switch the store off..? for a short perioed.

any help woule be a great help.

Thanks

saj

you could simply make an html page and name that index.html and have some text on the page say down for maintenance. load that page to your server and it should open first. then when you are done delete the page.

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

you could simply make an html page and name that index.html and have some text on the page say down for maintenance. load that page to your server and it should open first. then when you are done delete the page.

This is an option if they come to the home page first, but what if customers click on a product page from google they can still go through the shopping process. as i have most of my products linked in google. they all get linked when google crawls the site.

Thanks

saj

Archived