• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disabling language support

dwepplo

Hi,

I?m sorry to post this on a board with so many multi linguists ? but I?m wondering if I delete the languages in the admin will it appear in English no matter where it is accessed? Getting my site up in English is proving to be enough. The only reason I?m concerned about this is I?m currently in another country and when I?ve tried to access my site it fails to open because of some of the contributions I?ve installed.

Does deleting in the admin section remove all of the files ? if so what happens when someone with a computer configured in a language other than english tries to access my site? I hope to offer it in the other languages soon but one thing at a time.

Thank you for any info,

Dan

Is there a allow/disallow button in the admin section I'm missing - or do I have to erase all of the other languages. I hope this isn't something obvious I've overlooked. I'm having bad memories of my mom asking me - Did You Really Look?

What does the delete button in the admin/language section do?

One last question - when I am ready to start using the language option again, or I want to verify it's only displayed in English, what is the easiest way to check the format?

I just tried to change the language setting on my browser but it still displayed in english. Is this the right place to look or do I have to do something else?

Thank you for the help

Dan

Ok - removing the language files doesn't work. Application_top looks to see if they exist. I tried commenting out the the check language section of application_top but it wasn't that simple. I'm new to php and right now it is a foreign language. Can I hard code the $language = english and $languages_id = en to get around the check in the following code?

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {
  tep_session_register('language');
  tep_session_register('languages_id');
}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
$lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
  $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
  $lng->get_browser_language();
}

$language = $lng->language['directory'];
$languages_id = $lng->language['id'];
 }

Also how can I verify if it works?

Thanks for any help

Archived