• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! Made my first sale and OSC shows no record of it.

Globalvolt

Hi,

Thanks for reading. My store has been live for about 3 days and I just got my first sale. YEAH!!

I have Authorize.net AIM set up and I decided to offer PayPal as well (check and money order too).

I ran alot of tests with Authorize.net both test and live. I never thought PayPal would give me a problem.

I got an email from PayPal telling me of the sale but nothing from the cart. No "Order Process" email. I just ran through a dummy sale with check/money order and I got the Order Process email right away. There is nothing that I can see anywhere in the PayPal invoice that tells me what the customer ordered.

Did I set something up wrong? or incomplete?

Is this normal for Paypal?

How can I get PayPal transactions to show up in my customer's details and get an Order Process email when a customer uses PayPal.

Thanks so much.

These forums have been a great help in setting up. When I am a Guru like some of you out there I will help others out as well.

Sad to say, yes. The paypal module that comes with osC will do this every time! I would suggest you search the forums for 'paypal IPN' and/or download the paypal IPN contribution to correct this error.

Thats not actually true - it wont do it every time

This happens when the customer does not wait to be transfered back to your store from paypal - ie they closed the window once they thought they had finished - you should think about getting the paypal ipn contrib installed as this enters the order into the DB before transfering to Paypal.

"because it'll hurt more"- the greatest film of all time?

Hi,

Thanks for reading. My store has been live for about 3 days and I just got my first sale. YEAH!!

I have Authorize.net AIM set up and I decided to offer PayPal as well (check and money order too).

I ran alot of tests with Authorize.net both test and live. I never thought PayPal would give me a problem.

I got an email from PayPal telling me of the sale but nothing from the cart. No "Order Process" email. I just ran through a dummy sale with check/money order and I got the Order Process email right away. There is nothing that I can see anywhere in the PayPal invoice that tells me what the customer ordered.

Did I set something up wrong? or incomplete?

Is this normal for Paypal?

How can I get PayPal transactions to show up in my customer's details and get an Order Process email when a customer uses PayPal.

Thanks so much.

These forums have been a great help in setting up. When I am a Guru like some of you out there I will help others out as well.

also, you can make sure your redirect page at paypal is set up to go to checkout_process.php, and like the others just said, do a full forum search for the word paypal and get a load of info, good luck!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Just enter your paypal account and modify the return url to that stated above, and also modify the sections on postage and delivery, and show items seperately.

Once this is done the basic paypal module will work fine.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived