• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Sizeing

In your admin section, there is a place to decide what image size you'd like to display. Mine are 128 x 180.

If you take 128 divided by 180 you get about .71 as a ratio of width to height. I make certain by either cropping or adding fill that my images are .71. The fill I use is my webpage background color, so the fill doesn't show up.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

So my thumbnail size is set as 64 x 64 as you can see. What would be the best way for me to have it so that that product above would not stretch.

Sorry I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to how it works out the size of the image etc.

Thanks,

Phill

phillracer-

Your thumbnails are 64 x 64 which is a square. This Ipod picture is 76 x 115 and it needs to be square so you need to add 39 pixels of white fill on the sides. I picked white fill since your background on your website is white.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

But is there a way to get it to do that for me automatically? We have about 1500 images and I do not want to have to do this to them all.

Thanks

In ADMIN, just specify the thumbnail WIDTH (64), but NO HEIGHT. The thumbnail will then be scaled down to 64 wide and a proper height to keep it in the correct proportion.

• 2 weeks later...
In ADMIN, just specify the thumbnail WIDTH (64), but NO HEIGHT. The thumbnail will then be scaled down to 64 wide and a proper height to keep it in the correct proportion.

COOLumbia- Thanks for the great tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived