• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP

I have read plenty of articles on how to change the colour of box's.... Actually i have been reading for about 3hrs

stylesheet.css is where these things are done globally

I must be really stupid becuase i cant do it....

What i am trying to do is as follows....

the catagories box.... yea.... there is two sections. The heading, which plainly reads catagories. Then there is the hardware?, software?.....

right

1. I want to remove the heading for the box completely so there is just one section.

2. the menu type section (bottom piece) i want to be transparent, so the background image is visible under the text..

Any help would be fantastic...

thanks.

I have read plenty of articles on how to change the colour of box's.... Actually i have been reading for about 3hrs

the catagories box.... yea.... there is two sections. The heading, which plainly reads catagories. Then there is the hardware?, software?.....

right

1. I want to remove the heading for the box completely so there is just one section.

2. the menu type section (bottom piece) i want to be transparent, so the background image is visible under the text..

thanks.

the top part you refer to in essence is really 3 images, the middle of the top and then 2 rounded corners. if you want the background of the box transparent then someone else will have to help. I ma unsure of that process, you could just use a color that is very close to your background? Maybe I have helped, I hope, look in your style sheet at least for the images for the header of the boxes. I don't have mine open so I cannot be more specific. You could get an idea from someone elses style sheet, if you know how to view another osc sites style sheet. (anysite.com/stylesheet.css)

and use something like dreamweaver to ftp if you have it, or whatever ftp program you like.

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

right

thanks.

Cheers..

You have got the old clogs going..

i am going to try and replace the three pictures with one. HA, did you see hoe easy it was to say that, know lets try it..

Thank you

the top part you refer to in essence is really 3 images, the middle of the top and then 2 rounded corners. if you want the background of the box transparent then someone else will have to help. I ma unsure of that process, you could just use a color that is very close to your background? Maybe I have helped, I hope, look in your style sheet at least for the images for the header of the boxes. I don't have mine open so I cannot be more specific. You could get an idea from someone elses style sheet, if you know how to view another osc sites style sheet. (anysite.com/stylesheet.css)

and use something like dreamweaver to ftp if you have it, or whatever ftp program you like.

Hi There,

I posted a message up last night relating to a stylesheet (I believe) issue in relation to my website www.thebargaincellar.co.uk losing the formatting on the products pages...

I know this isnt my post but it is on a similar topic and no-one has responded to my post yet and this is quit important...

The site still functions but has got to plop in regard to the product pages etc-anywhere a few clicks from the home page...

Please help as i do not have a clue what has caused this :(

Hi There,

I posted a message up last night relating to a stylesheet (I believe) issue in relation to my website www.thebargaincellar.co.uk losing the formatting on the products pages...

I know this isnt my post but it is on a similar topic and no-one has responded to my post yet and this is quit important...

The site still functions but has got to plop in regard to the product pages etc-anywhere a few clicks from the home page...

Please help as i do not have a clue what has caused this :(

How weird, it seems to be fine when i use my work machine but if my colleagues look at it they get the same problem???

Lord Why!?it makes no sense...

Archived