• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscomm on windows 2003 server problems

claudiomili

here is what I get and I don't know where to start to troubleshoot.

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in wwwroot\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \wwwroot\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:502) in

\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

Can I get some help?

here is what I get and I don't know where to start to troubleshoot.

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in wwwroot\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \wwwroot\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:502) in

\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

Can I get some help?

What e-mail address do you have set as your normal e-mail address? Are you using IIS 6.0 or Apache?

You need to check with your hosting company to find out if they provide an smtp service based on your domain. Some Windows hosting companies only provide mail services based on their domain (not good).

Also, if you do have smtp then it may require authorisation, in which case you will have to install a contribution that provides smtp authorisation.

Finally, when you enter e-mail addresses in your osC admin panel don't enter them as Sales<[email protected]> just enter them as [email protected] - Windows servers don't like the recommended method.

Vger

You need to check with your hosting company to find out if they provide an smtp service based on your domain. Some Windows hosting companies only provide mail services based on their domain (not good).

Also, if you do have smtp then it may require authorisation, in which case you will have to install a contribution that provides smtp authorisation.

Finally, when you enter e-mail addresses in your osC admin panel don't enter them as Sales<[email protected]> just enter them as [email protected] - Windows servers don't like the recommended method.

Vger

Where do I find the installation of the contribution that provides smtp authorisation?

Where do I find the installation of the contribution that provides smtp authorisation?

Thanks for your help!

Archived