• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card security

Bisam

Hi - we are almost ready to go online, but I have one major query:

We will not be processing orders automatically, but by hand, as our products are mostly very heavy and we need to sort shipping with the customer, so the CC number is to hold the transaction and will be either swiped or entered by hand to conclude the order.

I have noticed that the database stores the CC number in it's entirety and surely that would be accessibly to anybody who accesses the server by whatever means. Is this "normal", or how can you protect sensitive customer data?

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - we are almost ready to go online, but I have one major query:

We will not be processing orders automatically, but by hand, as our products are mostly very heavy and we need to sort shipping with the customer, so the CC number is to hold the transaction and will be either swiped or entered by hand to conclude the order.

I have noticed that the database stores the CC number in it's entirety and surely that would be accessibly to anybody who accesses the server by whatever means. Is this "normal", or how can you protect sensitive customer data?

Thanks for any advice.

Set the default Credit Card module to ...

Split Credit Card E-Mail Address

If an e-mail address is entered, the middle digits of the credit card number will be sent to the e-mail address (the outside digits are stored in the database with the middle digits censored)

cheers,

EricK

Set the default Credit Card module to ...

Split Credit Card E-Mail Address

If an e-mail address is entered, the middle digits of the credit card number will be sent to the e-mail address (the outside digits are stored in the database with the middle digits censored)

cheers,

EricK

Can you give us the step-by-step to do this?

Thank you!

Maggie