• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please .. FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

mitford

hi, i am new to os commerce and dont know much about it. when i try to enter my website this error appears

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

anyone know how to fix it?

thanks

What does your .htaccess file look like? See below:

# The <IfModule container should be used to house these listings otherwise if the PHP installation fails, so will the web server but if the register_globals error does not go away after this section is uncommented then uncomment the one line only like shown for the error "register_globals is not enabled in php.ini ... Please enable it!"

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G..._and_Tricks/249

What does your .htaccess file look like? See below:

# The <IfModule container should be used to house these listings otherwise if the PHP installation fails, so will the web server but if the register_globals error does not go away after this section is uncommented then uncomment the one line only like shown for the error "register_globals is not enabled in php.ini ... Please enable it!"

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G..._and_Tricks/249

thanks for that, but where do i find this file, bare with me as i dont have a clue :blush: :thumbsup:

Install the Register Globals Patch Files (link below my name) if your site is a new website.

If your site has had contributions added to it (an established website) then use the original Register Globals Patch and apply the fix line by line, file by file.

Vger

sorry about this i dont have a clue, i am geting hosting off a freind and he usualy fixes things for me, he just installed my website again ( whiuch is complete) and i dont have a clue what all this means.... just need to know what file and where it is i need to change or somthing..

Archived