• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

I would test it but I don't have the luxury of crashing the site as I am supposed to be finishing this site up asap for the owner.

I hate to say it but in all honesty, being that you're under the gun (so to speak), I would suggest not playing with this contrib - check out this thread - check out the recuring issues and how many folks got these problems - check out how much time it takes to resolve such issues - and how many never get them resolved - I really don't want to hit this wonderful offering this hard - but at the same time I want to help you the best I can (given my perspective and expirience)..

if you need something like this - perhaps you could get away with a combination of other contribs - like mo pics / on the fly images / watermarking (if needed) - chances are you could get three contribs installed and up within a small percentage of the time it take to get Image Magic woking properly...

sorry :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to know is, if I change the configuration id values in the image magic install sql file (and all the other configuraiton id's that follow), will the install still work? I would test it but I don't have the luxury of crashing the site as I am supposed to be finishing this site up asap for the owner.

I'ld say it's worth a try - provided you backup backup backup!

There's a similar thing mentioned in an earlier post on this thread - here, and the posts following it.

Hi Fellas - great contrib! I have one small problem - that being that my URLs for my images are truncated when IM is enabled...

Instead of -

http://siinisk060001/catalog/imagemagic.ph...-263-334567.jpg

they will read something like -

http://siinisk060001/catalog/imagemagic.ph.../Tools/253-263-

But they are never exactly the same length as far as I can tell, so I don't think it's a string issue... Any suggestions?

The thumbnails are being created, it's just that they are not being displayed. I don't have the site up and running on an Internet server where you could see it yet - sorry :(

I notice that it is always cutting them off at a hyphen... Unfortunately sometimes it's the first hyphen in the file name, and sometimes the second,... I'm not an expert at PHP yet, mostly ASP/JavaScript etc., so I'm at a bit of a loss :(

Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated tremendously!

SaratogaSupply, you can perform a comparision of server software, php version, and anything else you think might be a factor -- i'm sure it's easy enough to get such info from XAMPP - as well, such info should be accessible for your webserver...

and oh yeah -- super thanks for the info so far (good stuff)

Edited by squeekit

I am installing this for a friends cart now (because it works on mine)

but I am unable to get the images to show

I have added the thumbnails/images folder and they are both CHMOD 777.

All I get for the images is the following error message

"Error

File path incorrect

check configure.php"

I have checked that and it seem OK.

I checked the properties of the image and got the following

http://mysite.com/shoppingcart/imagemagic.php?img=4uHJzNfUn%2BTp1szY1tju59zR14%2Fa6ds%3D&w=76&h=90&page=

There are no spaces in the filenames.

The only differences between this site and my own one (where it works) are differnet servers and the fact that mine is in the root directory and his is in a differnent one (shoppingcart)

I have tried creating the thumbnails folder in the rood folder as well as the shoppingcart folder, but neither worked.

I did double check the installation of this contrib and it all looks OK.

If I turn off imagemagic all the pictures work again

Any suggestions

Edited by DeadDingo

I have now managed to get rid of the error message, but imagmagic seems to be doing nothing at all. The images look the same with or with out it turned on. Also no thumbnails are appearing in the /thumbnails/images folder.

Verify if you have a includes/local/configure.php. File imagemagic.php does this following check

if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) {

//use local dev params if available

include('includes/local/configure.php');

} else {

// include server parameters

require('includes/configure.php');

}

If it finds that you have a includes/local/configure.php then it will use the instead of includes/configure.php. The issue is that includes/local/configure.php might not have all the directory paths like includes/configure.php does. What I did was just comment out

/*if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) {

//use local dev params if available

include('includes/local/configure.php');

} else {

}*/

and just used

after that change /thumbnails/images had the images.

-Marizka

Thanks for the quick response

I did not have a includes/local/configure.php file but I have commented that out anyway, but because I had put the configure file back to how it was originally, I get the original error messsage again.

For some reason the original person setting up this shop has added

DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT. to the define images and includes areas in the configure.php files

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT.'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT . 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

This DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT. appears in a total of 11 pages and I have no idea why. I cant find a mention of it this forum at all, and it is not in my shop either (and image magic works there)

Thanks for the quick response

I did not have a includes/local/configure.php file but I have commented that out anyway, but because I had put the configure file back to how it was originally, I get the original error messsage again.

For some reason the original person setting up this shop has added

DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT. to the define images and includes areas in the configure.php files

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT.'images/');
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT . 'includes/');
define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

This DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT. appears in a total of 11 pages and I have no idea why. I cant find a mention of it this forum at all, and it is not in my shop either (and image magic works there)

I did not have a includes/local/configure.php file but I have commented that out anyway
but you did include this code?

You still need to include the configure.php. The DIR_ROOT_DEFAULT looks to be something custom to this site. In imagemagic.php the directory is change by this code chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG); The definition for DIR_FS_CATALOG is in includes/configure.php verify that path to see if the image folder matches that same path directory.

-Marizka

Hi, I tried to open an image in your site, and it worsk, even though its very slow. You have to wait a little when the popup opens. It seems like the image path is not correct, cause I do not see the picture, just the pictureframe with the white page and red cross, if you know what I mean. If the path is corrected, so that it finds the image, it should show, but VERY slow.

I know. The image doesn't load, that's the problem. Instead, I get the outline with a red X. With imagemagic off, it works fine. (Even though it passes through the ImageMagic code.) When I turn imagemagic on, it is extremely slow, and I never see an image.

QUOTE(frenchflies @ Sep 2 2006, 07:31 PM) *

I have Image magic 1.5 and More_Pics_6 installed. there is one problem. when I am in a product_info page, and the same product is in the specials box. The size of the Product image in the specials box is wrong. It should be the SMALL_IMAGE size, but instead, it's now shown as PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE size!

the problem accur only if I am in the product info page and same product is in the specials box!!

Please anybody, help!!

I have this same problem with the specials box showing full size images on the product info page when the products are the same. I have not been able to identify the problem.

Anyone else?

FYI - I was having this problem and it disappeared after installing and using STS to form the pages. Can't say why, but it might work for you. BTW - if you are not using STS, I highly recommend it. It seems a lot more complicated than it is. It's actually simple to install, but for most when it is activated there will be some layout issues. These are easily corrected.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

1. Could someone tell me please why some of my images do not expand to their maximum like the rest images ?? (all the other expand good ! ) It happens when I click on "enlarge".

What I need to modify ?

2. Why my site pages work so slowly after I installed "image magic" ?? :huh:

I will be grateful for any help... Thank you.

Regards,

Elazar

Hi, and thanks a lot for this graphic stack for osc !

Unfortunately, i tried for hours to run on my site, and nothing works, except the language picture who contains the imagemagik.php in his url .

I've created the folder with 777 permission, build two times my html_output file, changed all the params in admin config, but nothing wants to operate .

If someone have two minutes to help me, that would be very kind and appreciated !

I'm a french manufacturer of electric bike with lithium battery, and my eshop is :

www.velectris.com/catalog

As you can see, my thumbails are "jaggy" and not imagemagick generated.... :blush:

HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

Image magic has suddenly stopped working :'(

I haven't changed anything, but i wouldn't be surprised if something at the hosting company has as they are complete muppets.

Basically no images are showing, unless i turn off imagemagic, this has been working for nearly a year with no problems :'( :'(

Any ideas?

cheers

Hi Tom

I just thought I would add a post here to say great contrib. It has improved our site to no end. To say that it is impressive is an understatement. Thanks for this excellent contrib! :thumbsup:

Many thanks!

Scott

I have added this mod, and with the master switch off, all is well. With it on, the images disappear...

test1.png

The properties for this image are

http://www.comclusive.co.uk/shop/imagemagic.php?img=4tPW1dDslcWenKqYpp%2Bj2KmlnpuplqihysmWpZ6bqZalnNXpzQ%3D%3D&w=100&h=75&page=prod_info

The images have been stored in the thumbnails folder as

P0096295_C0000036_P0000000.jpg.thumb_100x100_5c0cd4b608dce8876a7563e1225335fc.jp

g

And when clicked, the enlarged picture does not show either.

Any ideas? gd is enabled.

hi. i have just a straight question about the contribution here:

I'd prefer to have all the thumbnails stored on my server rather then calculating the images on each page load.

is this possibile?

how?

just set "Auto Clean Cache = false", or should i look somewhere else?

thanks!

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

For all who have the problem with not dhowing the image (if you have configured your store in a sub folder) change in /catalog/imagemagick.php round line: 21

chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG)

to:

chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG)

or to: chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/your_folder_name/')

it did the trick for me!

(I figured it out when I disabled the error reporting by adding the php function: error_reporting(0);)

Good luck

Boudy