osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed I/M mod and it was working correctly. Now I some how broke it and can't figure out how to fix it. Imagemagic.php is showing up in my image links. And is correctly making thumbnails. However in the in html all I see is broken links. No images.

When I turn on server caching my pictures all show up as broken, but when I turn it off everything is ok... what's wrong? I'm using a windows server....

Also, is there a way (a hack or something) to set both the width and the height while keeping the images in aspect?

Edited by yatahaze

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with any kind of watermarking and wondered if you had any ideas?

First of all when watermarking is turned on then all images are broken. So after a few painstaking hours I found out that the &s need to be removed from imagemagic.php in lines 278 to 286. After removing the &s the images were no longer broken, however, neither text nor graphic watermarking is working.

The site is www.thekitroom.co.uk/catalog.

Any help would be great!

Cheers, Chris.

Hi All,

This is not really a mohor problem but something that is concerning me...

I am using this contibution in its basic form, no watermarking etc...on checking my server logs i'm getting ab error from one of the files:

[Thu May 25 02:28:11 2006] [error] [client 86.13.33.237] File does not exist: /home/dtotrans/public_html/ladyloving/404.shtml

[Thu May 25 02:28:11 2006] [error] [client 86.13.33.237] script not found or unable to stat: /home/dtotrans/public_html/ladyloving/admin/imagemagic.php

I'm sure i checked the contribution and there is not suppose to be an imagemagic.php in the admin folder. Any suggestions?

Regards

Donna

In the admin, I'm having trouble setting up image magic since moving my site. The file paths for the watermark and font folders aren't correct. I know the problem is to do with my config files but it is not quite as simple as that so is there a way I can hard code the file paths? I've tried changing a few things in the image magic file but to no avail.

Also, what other image contribs are compatible? I just want to be able to have extra images. I'm usign STS as well though.

Thank you,

Natalie

Doh! Why didn't I think of that. Will add upgrade instructions to the readme....thanks Glen

Tom

Can you make the guide. ??? with mopic in you update and without mopic.

I have try to make the update, but can not get it to work, so now i drive with the old you make.

//TheExterminator

How do I add a default image???

I tried using the contribution by kevinsmit added on 15 Feb 2006 which says to find:

// BOF Image Magic

function tep_image($src, $alt = '', $width = '', $height = '', $params = '') {

global $product_info;

after that put the following code:

// Begin default image

if (!file_exists($src)){

$src = "images/default.jpg";

}

// End default image

But I seem not to find this piece of code anywhere in imagemagic. How can I add this default image? I would really appreciate your help here!!!! Thanks!!!

Hi,

I have installed IM, I am not getting any error messages or database errors, but when I turn the contribution on, all my pictures dissapear, but if I turn it off the orginal pictures apear with the stand OSCommerce W/H any idea?

Thanks

Ok..I have been running image magic on my stores now for about 3 months. All the sudden, none of my category images are showing up. In firefox, right clicking on the image shows this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/admin/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 216

What is weird is I haven't changed anything. I haven't even been in my ftp space other than to do a backup. Now..I turn image magic off and poof...the images are there. Any ideas to the problem?

Ok..I have been running image magic on my stores now for about 3 months. All the sudden, none of my category images are showing up. In firefox, right clicking on the image shows this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/admin/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 216

What is weird is I haven't changed anything. I haven't even been in my ftp space other than to do a backup. Now..I turn image magic off and poof...the images are there. Any ideas to the problem?

ask your hosting serving if they did some upgrade to php5 or mysql 5, that might be the reason

Hi Everyone,

I installed imagemagic the other day and went over the install procedure 3 times line for line but I still can't seem to get this going. When I check the image source for all of the images on my site they are not coming through imagemagic.php. The Image magic master switch is on and when I ask for the store graphics to be processed the cached directory (thumbnail) starts to populate with button images, but nothing else. I spent hours going through this forum last night and managed to find some information on configuring the config.php file which I completed but this has made no difference.

If anyone can give me some guidence I would really appreciate it.

My store is www.benjamincufflinks.com.au/shop and the Imagemagic swithc is currently on.

Thank you.

Scott Lawry

Sorry for this simple question. I am new to this.

Could someone tell me how to properly Comment out a line.

What do you put at the beginning of the line?

Is it *\ or something else.

Please someone reply.

thank you

// comments out THE LINE it is placed

/* comments out everything which is after, until you put a*/ to close the commenting out

example

this is not a comment

// this is a comment

this is not a comment

this is not a comment

/* this needs to be commented

this too

this too this too

*/

this is not a comment

Edited by pixclinic

The watermarks aren't working, I installed the contrib and the thumbnailing works but the watermarks not!!

Most of my images are gifs, but I also have png and jpg. none of them have a watermark?!?!?

Hi

I have honestly read through the readme file and this forum, over and over again, but although I see reference to the problem quite a lot, none of the fixes are working for me.

I am not seeing product images at all, not the thumbnails nor the larger pics - just the red X placeholder. The images are being processed by imagamagic and the thumbnails are being created.

When I type the image url directly into my address bar, I get what seems to be a fairly common error, but also something very weird tagged on at the end:

Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 21

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 495

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 496

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 497

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 498

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 499

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php:21) in /home/swimwear/public_html/imagemagic.php on line 500
????JFIF??0kG?ȿd???}3?χ_?N/??j|?????1?????i;??&???????~?????? ???????g?????&??.??-?c?㗇?l????????? ???????g_???1?(?T???H?ڏ???? ???Z??_?ߌ?o?x?ş~8??~"???u???S??}??/???????%? ? '? S? ?? O?g?1????????0w?d??+??h?Qڿ؟?N?G???%??,?_0|,????0x??6? ?7?߇?3??????|?K?g?g??{??¾??}???????C??~~??~?~Կn?x??n?f|2? ?Ӿ\??^???????i?x???>~???RO???z??ϟ?u?o????????ǟ?>???e?|<?> ??z?Ɲ?|8??f|]??]?S?????????d??w???|v???????O?????o?????C?g?>'뿴???????j?? ?4f???^?-?Px??????,?????'???~?7c?x??|;???????? x??_??k>???? ?O?\?g?&W????c?o???????M???????]????ƽg???o??ᇀ???Yï?מ?????????N??/ۻ????5???M?v??6|??7??? xw? |?????^??l K?????/??????_|K???j/ x???&???^???P?n|s??&???????E????i_?? ah?k?Y?0?7??????&?џ?M??~?Q_?? ?n??*o?~$?? >!~˿??^?J?????ߴ???M?Ej?LJ?9????/ï??S???Eh߱_??????j?)7?}w?6??????O?~;???????>.?2?????_??6j???????????g??f?x??i??^|1? < ??h???$Z???????????9~ѿ?????Z?? ??do??? ???g?<? ???e?kv_ ?@??+???"???!?]??~,??~??>*?_?~?? <?믇?????wD??< ?i?,??ǰ\?ɾ ???o?(e??/ ??.?-????^???k:???:??_x???p??O,?+k?_??????o????2k^>Կf????g?W? ?~??w???/???I?+?A????????#ğ?i?'? ?=k?ϊ?Q??"????ee??N???˟??w???~ۿ?S_?K???$????a?e??s]? ??x?~???7?????????????x?_?s??W?????e???~ѿ?f/?U?s?~??????????&????<-?!? ?l??Ɠ?????????????X?*x???/????~.?L??1?k?[?^??'??e????N?S???/?M???????_|E?~??x'R????ٛ??o????W? ?=???| ??l?H???CI???c???]????~x?¿???E?h?4???(x????o?Z7?/???_?n??????^o|c?7?????< ???G??x????G?Q?x??h_ۇ???????S???ex??????/???????h??l?U?D??d}k?????&??????;_x????C?????%}ǁ<'?y???\???x?B?R??+P??+?ً????A?????_??<???x'K?? ?4??g?#¾'?5??u????\?ׇ?;????? ?????׮|I?Ӵ?;???/?>6???? \????'¿?袊(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??(??

I've checked for spaces at the end of files to correct the header problem, but there are none. I also do not know where the chdir reference that it cannot find is meant to be.

I would hugely appreciate any help on this as it would be an amazing contribution if I could just get it to work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I cannot edit my post, so had to post again.

I have just seen that I have other contributions that also draw on chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG); with no problem. In configure.php it does have a trailing slash.

I have no clue where to look for the garbled stuff that comes up at the end of my error message!

If I am somehow just being stupid and missing the obvious, I apologise, but I cannot figure this out.

Me again!

This time with the fix, which was so simple I could spit.

In catalog/imagemagic.php, line 161 and 162 read

// If you are required to set the full path for file_exists(), uncomment this
// $filename = DIR_FS_CATALOG.$filename;

I decided it was worth a try, uncommented the second line and it works. All images showing as they should and no error messages. Just thought I'd post this in case it works for someone else.

Thanks for a really great contribution!

:D

Question,

I don't have images as many other persons. I created a thumbnails directory with 777 rights.

I see that in the thumbnails dir user apache writes a dir (microsoft) username apache groupname apache. rights 700.

My own user is pflife group psacln. I want to know from others if these settings are ok. It looks better to me if user apache will be added to the group psacln.

Now I even cannot delete old files. (I'm not the owner of these files)

Help!

Best regards

Herbert

That is the most common problem people have with the contribution, the solution is plastered all over this forum and is in big red bold letters in the readme.

You are only meant to replace the tep_image function, not the tep_seperator etc. Yes your pictures will be showing now that you restored the html_output file, but image magic will not be active

I am having the same problem as the last guy asking this question. I have installed many contributions and I'm no dummy!!! But I need to know exactly what files need to be replaced regarding the tep_image function. I don't know where to begin in the html output file and where to end regarding replacing the code. Please help. Thanks!

Little question

could you tell me if you have your checkout line disappear since you installed imagemagic?

I am talking about the horizontal gray line that holds the bullets that reads:

Delivery Information Payment Information Confirmation Finished!

what happens is that normally this single pixel is stretched in the image tag with a width=100% and become width=1

maybe image magic is the one responsible, I just wanted to have some feedback from other users

thanks

The problem is with your DIR_FS_CATALOG configuration value.

Is this set correctly in includes/configure.php

If so, try removing line 16 of imagemagic.php. This one:

chdir (DIR_FS_CATALOG);

I'm having this same problem with my installation, here's what my configuration is set to.

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/iluxcoc/public_html/');

Thumbnail server caching is turned off

None of my images are showing up, even the ones that were in there before I installed this piece