• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

You're welcome.

I have programmed the script to completely disable image watermarks in gifs, but text watermarks will be applied. If you look at your popup image now, you will see there is a text watermark on it, but it is crap.

Because gifs only have 256 colours, the text cannot be made semi-transparent or anti-aliased onto the image.

It is your choice whether to use text w/m with gif images, but I personally wouldn't

Okay Tom.

Thanks Again For A Great Support. I Gife You 5 Stars.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

just installed the image magic script, I think everything look ok on the installation side.

Look at the website , but cannot see tell if images have been resized.

They appear the same, no changes at all. Have I missed anything. I have also noticed that some of my GIF images don't show, only the JPG images.

Can anyone assist in directing me as to where the problem my be.

Thanks

I just installed this contribution and it seems to work for my product images, but any images I have for my categories do not show up now. I get a broken image. Is there something I need to change to fix this?

Also, how do I use the New Intermediate Sized Thumbnails function??

Thanks!!!

Edited by jrthor2

Hi,

just installed the image magic script, I think everything look ok on the installation side.

Look at the website , but cannot see tell if images have been resized.

They appear the same, no changes at all. Have I missed anything. I have also noticed that some of my GIF images don't show, only the JPG images.

Can anyone assist in directing me as to where the problem my be.

Thanks

Yes, it's working.

I just installed this contribution and it seems to work for my product images, but any images I have for my categories do not show up now. I get a broken image. Is there something I need to change to fix this?

Also, how do I use the New Intermediate Sized Thumbnails function??

Thanks!!!

I can't help you if you don't provide a url. PM it if you don't want to make it public.

Intermediate sized thumbnails show up as product image size in you admin images menu

Tom

OSC Image Magic

On-the-fly thumbnails, watermarks and image processing

Thanks for your help and this great contribution tomjmul!

I have another tiny problem. Nearly all is working perfect. But the popup images don?t get a text watermark. Yes the option therefore is "true" and they are all jpeg?s. The thumbnails get a text watermark though!

I provided you with a link to the store because it?s not yet open for public :)

Perhaps you know what the heck is going wrong...

Thanks for your help and this great contribution tomjmul!

I have another tiny problem. Nearly all is working perfect. But the popup images don?t get a text watermark. Yes the option therefore is "true" and they are all jpeg?s. The thumbnails get a text watermark though!

I provided you with a link to the store because it?s not yet open for public :)

Perhaps you know what the heck is going wrong...

Do you use mopics by any chance?

OSC Image Magic

Do you use mopics by any chance?

No. I think I don?t use any contribution that could interfere in Image magic. Based on the fact that I haven?t got any other image refering contribution installed.

btw, the image watermark doesn?t work at all. Neither does the framing otion has any effect in my images :(

Server Info:

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

PHP Version 4.4.1

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

Hello,

I have install the magiccontrib, and I have check that my Url were correct, see :

http://www.mysite.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/GM-058-Z-10

or

http://www.mysite.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/plane 18.jpg&w=150&h=130&page=

But no image is show one I turn I/M on.... I have check that the thumnail directoy is created and Chmoded 777. I can access to the image in the directory which access. Images are located in /thmnail/images/

I have read all the support thread for I/M I don't find what is wrong.

Is it something related to directory names ?

Thx in advance for your support. :huh:

Edited by bienenf

Hello,

I have install the magiccontrib, and I have check that my Url were correct, see :

http://www.mysite.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/GM-058-Z-10

or

http://www.mysite.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/plane 18.jpg&w=150&h=130&page=

But no image is show one I turn I/M on.... I have check that the thumnail directoy is created and Chmoded 777. I can access to the image in the directory which access. Images are located in /thmnail/images/

I have read all the support thread for I/M I don't find what is wrong.

Is it something related to directory names ?

Thx in advance for your support. :huh:

post your real url

Edited by tomjmul

OSC Image Magic

here it is : www.e-modelisme.com, but I have turned off imagemagic . Do I need to turn it on now for your analyse ?

Hi,

even turn off, Image on my web site looks break down, and links from image ar 404 page error !!!!

Any idea,

Thank you for your support,

Best regards.

Hi,

even turn off, Image on my web site looks break down, and links from image ar 404 page error !!!!

Any idea,

Thank you for your support,

Best regards.

I have fixed the broken image with I/M turnoff. But I don't understand why I got this pb.

I am still unable to use I/M turned on. All image are broken down.

Thanks in advance for your support.

If you're thinking is along the lines of personal rather than general optimizations, perhaps you should look in to modifying the image output function in html_output. See page 18 and the dialog I had with doc_uk about intercepting imagemagic if the image already exists in the cache.

Tom

Tom, got it solved at last. As promised I'm getting back to you with the solution of my performance problem:

The basic idea copies yours and doc_uk's solution. However to preserve file protection, I'm writing the cached file to disk already under encrypted filename. Then within tep_image() function I'm just testing its existance just as doc_uk does and consequently I serve it directly in IMG tag with no reference to original file whatsoever and no need to serve it via imagemagic.php. It took few additional urlencodes/decodes and str_replaces, however it's well worth it in terms of performance.

Thanks for your help and hints.

Julo

Hi, I installed images magic a while ago and was working fine, until I changed my files from one server to another server. Than images magic stopped to work... URL not right.

also changed the based domain / everything else did not change exept two contrib:

CCC and Image Magic

When I test the images on my old server it is giving me the following URL:

http://www.xtreme-medias.com/imagemagic.ph...&page=prod_info

And when I check in the new server I get

[url START

http://www.xmedias.ca/commerce/images/prod...aTraveler1G.jpg

I did not change anything exept the configure.php files to match the new server and domain information.

Old site:

www.xtreme-medias.com

New site:

www.xmedias.ca

an anybody help me!!!\

Edited by xmedias

Hi,

I am still looking for what is wrong, I have one broken image where properties is :

http://www.e-modelisme.com/imagemagic.php?...150&h=120&page=

and I have also image in the Cache which is :

DF36 008.jpg.thumb_150x120_4f9e5ee3605828a11c93762ea810690c.jpg

Do you have any idea ? I tried to remove the catch setting. But same situation.

I used the contrib I/M 2.13 and I have GD >2.0.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Hi,

I am still looking for what is wrong, I have one broken image where properties is :

http://www.e-modelisme.com/imagemagic.php?...150&h=120&page=

and I have also image in the Cache which is :

DF36 008.jpg.thumb_150x120_4f9e5ee3605828a11c93762ea810690c.jpg

Do you have any idea ? I tried to remove the catch setting. But same situation.

I used the contrib I/M 2.13 and I have GD >2.0.

Thanks in advance for your help..

If this image creates a directory in the cache / thumbnail, it is possible that you will have to manually CHMOD it to 777.

Like thumbnail/images/PICT01_kit_moteur.JPG (CHMOD image) depanding if you already had thumbnail for the other ones...

Ray

Thank you Ray for your reply. I have tried to CHMODE the cache and it still doesn't work.. Is that a sql pb ? I have read in the very begining of the thread that their are 2 sql files. I use the one which is with the post version .13 Imagemagic.sql. Latest post.

should I use the thumnail.sql instead off ?

Thank in advance for your support,

<_<

A precision, when I turn on i/M all images are broken. Not only one. Sorry for my poor english.

I have checked the config.php it looks good, the thumnail directory is created.

I am looking for your help... :blush:

Hi again,

One more detail, I have checked the text watermark is well present in the image generated by image magic...

So every thing works, except I have broken link instead of my airplane ....

Thanks in advance for your support,

Best regards.

I am still looking to run this fantastic contrib, but I can't.

Does it work with Ultimate SEO Url by CHMOD ?

I have this contribution installed.

Thx in advance for your support, :huh:

Sorry for this situation, may I suggest that you work on the marketing of your site... I have aloso find how difficult it is to have links in other site.

I have improved our results dealing with Forums and other online directory. I have also install the SEO ultimate which as improved a lot our result in the google results. My site www.e-modelisme.com (still wanted to use I/M but doesn't work yer :-) ).

Sincerely. <_<

This looks like a great contrib... Having problems using it though..

I have installed it based on the instructions, but its not showing any images.

I've checked the properties on where the pictures are supposed to be, and ImageMagic is running. I've used a few hours trying to figure this out and I need some pointert to what might be the problem...

I was also wondering how the path to the cache directory are to be read... Is it relativ to the image directory? The catalog directory? Or the base directory og the site?

The pictures now shown as thumbnails are close to 1 MB and I seriously need som help :)

my development site is http://arhajo.u71.surftown.nu/ if this provides any help...

Best regards

Arnt Harald Johansen