• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

Hi,

I installed this and all seems to be ok but still having a problem with the PNG transparency issue in IE.

Yes i set the workaround item to true in admin.

Have a look at http://www.addressstamp.com

Works great in firefox, but most of my visitors use IE.

I guess I should go back to jpg's?

I appreciate any help!

Steve

Edited by mcbsolutions

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, thanks for the contribution.

I am seeing just one problem currently with my install. I really want to turn them off anyway, but you know those little GIF images that display in the upper right hand corner of al lot of the pages like My Account, Shopping Cart, Login etc. I always get the broken image link for them. Can you tell me why? I am testing on my own windows machine with the gd library that comes with php if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Well, I figured out my problem. I guess by default, the HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH and HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT in the config are set with values (like 57 and 40 if I remember correctly). I nulled out the values for those two and then the images started showing up. It sure would be nice if oscommerce would make a nicer way to turn off those images instead of going through 30 files and commenting out one line in every file.

HI Community,

this contrib is great work :D

It works beautifully as long register_globals is set to ON in the php.ini BUT my hosting service has set globals to OFF in php.ini. I tried to figure out how it can be brought to work there (w/ register_globals=OFF) but I did not find the right way ...

The Apache Log (Apache 2) shows the follwing error (in the error_log):

[Tue Jan 10 15:27:27 2006] [error] [client 192.168.178.1] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/x1/includes/images.js, referer: http://192.168.178.23/x1/popup_image.php?p...a3e72d2513c0fb0

Any ideas or any help would really be welcome :-)

Thanks in advance

BenB

Edited by benb

I know i was speaking of this feature in the beginning , but , does anyone have manage for each product:

1. to use this contribution and a multi image contribution with it ( meaning that the additional image are not managed by image magic)

or

2. to use this contrib with multi images ?

MS2

Tom,

Love the contribution but, when I am turn on image magic my images go away. I do not even get the little "X" for broken link.

http://pharaohshoes.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=42

In the image section when I turn on image required I get my image but it is the old image.-(unchanged)

I have read this forum looking for answers and I have tried several changes but to no avail.

Any guidence would be appreciated.

TEP ERROR! (tep_display_banner(static, ) -> Banner with ID '' not found, or status inactive

Get this error when I click on enlarge product image.

is this some sort of cache error?

Hi

I've installed ImageMagic onto a site I admin (www.radioworld.co.uk) and it has slowed the site down terribly - it is 2-3 times slower at loading the frontpage than with the images fullsize. There is no filename encryption, I've tried other various settings to speed things up, all to no avail so far.

The gut feeling I get is that the Imagemagic calls to pull the images in (even when cached) is slow for whatever reason.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Doc

Hi

I've installed ImageMagic onto a site I admin (www.radioworld.co.uk) and it has slowed the site down terribly - it is 2-3 times slower at loading the frontpage than with the images fullsize. There is no filename encryption, I've tried other various settings to speed things up, all to no avail so far.

The gut feeling I get is that the Imagemagic calls to pull the images in (even when cached) is slow for whatever reason.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Doc

I found that it slowed down the loading of images on my site as well. I liked the contribution, but the cost in slower page load was not worth the benefits so I have currently disabled it.

Great system, working like a charm.

Only thing was that it didnt make /thumpnails. Had to make that. After that. BOM. Up and running :D

Bj?rn

In what folder is /thumbnails suppose to be?? I can't find the /thumbnails folder anywhere, and all my thumbs are showing up as red crosses! :(

Lise

In what folder is /thumbnails suppose to be?? I can't find the /thumbnails folder anywhere, and all my thumbs are showing up as red crosses! :(

Lise

Hi,

Just create thumbnails in your catalog folder, and give the web server permissions to traverse it, and to write in it.

--

R?mi

Hello,

Osc, php newb here Don?t you love it!

Anyway,

Ok I am a little confused with

?Step #6 - In :

/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

replace the entire tep_image() function with?

Note: there MAY be several instances of this function. Find the first one directly below "// The HTML image wrapper function" (w/o quotes). Replace everything starting in between there till "// The HTML form submit button wrapper function" (w/o quotes) with the code you see above.?

Not sure what the entire tep_image() function is, can someone tell me what line numbers? To paste this over? Or help me identify the tep_image() function?

Hi Tom,

noticed something when turning your contrib to "On" :

Process Store Graphics is disabled !

But then the image "table_background_default.gif" is not being displayed, only my text watermark, which is set to watermark the graphics is shown.

When I set your contrib to "Off", all is displayed normal.

All other images are processed correctly (buttons etc.).

Only the table_background-graphics are effected.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

I've resolved the problem temporarily by removing (via comments) the lines number 269 to 274. For now I'm not using these functions but it would be appreciated to find a way for this to work without these warnings.

what exactly have you removed in those lines scal? I do not see those line numbers having anything to do with image magic on my version so if you could list the functions you commented out it would be much appriciated

Hi there,

Thanks to you all for your fine work! I haven't upgraded to image magic because the v2.1.2b is working beautifully for me except in a couple of cases.... I thought I'd ask here because it's a problem i didn't see come up in the other thread...

See here. The thumbnail is tinted red for some unknown reason. But the original, as you'll see if you click on the image, is fine. I've tried resaving the image and re-uploading in case it was a corruption in the file. but to no avail.... in fact it's happened with a couple of other images.... see here http://www.audiocity.ie/store/sl_index.php/cPath/95_129

These are tinted blue!!!

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this and can give me some idea of what might be causing it...

Thanks,

Tony

Hi,

this is about implementing the Contribution

Keep Image Proportions

into Yours.

Well its a pity but my knowledge of php is better described as guess by trial and error...

So I guessed and tried and it seems to work but if this is a clean thing or just a cheap hack and will produce errors somewhere, i just dont know.

kind regards

Christoph

So heres what i`ve done to Your code - dont hit me please ;-) - in : /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

// Is this image good to go?

if (CONFIG_CALCULATE_IMAGE_SIZE && $calculate) { 

if ($image_size) { 

$ratio = $image_size[1] / $image_size[0];

// Set the width and height to the proper ratio
  if (!$width && $height) 

{ 
			$ratio = $height / $image_size[1]; 
			$width = intval($image_size[0] * $ratio); 
		}
// Changed by guessing beerbee
//	  { 
//		$ratio = $height / $image_size[1]; 
//		$width = intval($image_size[0] * $ratio); 
//	  } 
// End Changed by guessing beerbee

elseif ($width && !$height) 

{ 
	$ratio = $width / $image_size[0]; 
	$height = intval($image_size[1] * $ratio); 
  } 

elseif (!$width && !$height && !$over_ride) { 
	$width = $image_size[0]; 
	$height = $image_size[1]; 
  } 
// Changed by guessing beerbee
elseif ( ($width) && ($height) )
{
	$image_size = @getimagesize($src);

if(isset($image_size[0]) && !empty($image_size[0])){	
		$ratio = $width / $image_size[0];
		if ($image_size[1]*$ratio > $height){
			$ratio = $height / $image_size[1];
			$width = $image_size[0] * $ratio;
		}
		else{
			$height = $image_size[1] * $ratio;
		}
	}
}
//End Changed by guessing beerbee

Hi there

sorry if I've inserted this question in the wrong place as I'm new to the forum. I've added a few posts to the forum about a problem I'm having but it's now getting urgent!

I think my problem is related to Imagemagic but if it's no just slap my wrist and send me on my way.

I have a clean install of OSC 2.2 ms2 ( 051113 ) and have installed basic design pack 1.5. Everything is working great apart from he What's new here heading.

It's the little table_background_default.gif that won't show, only a place holder. I've tried many ways and read my threads in the forum to get it to show ( Or even vanish!! ) but I'm having no luck.

Please can someone point me in the right direction as I'm running out of hair!!

Hylton

great stuff this. very good.

Just thought Id note a couple of points - not bugs, just observations - that I’ve found while working with this cool bit of code.

1. If your images are massive –I think the figure is about over 850px wide (not done absolute tests) – then your thumbnails are fine, but your popup image isn’t rendered. You just get a big white space. Shrinking images down solves this problem.

2. If your images have a space in the filename, e.g. ‘Picture 21.jpg’ they may not work.

You get

/imagemagic.php?img=images/Picture

Instead of

/imagemagic.php?img=images/Picture21.jpg

Many thanks for putting in all the effort Tom. Very cool.

Edited by Shiftclick

Hi lparr

I found that the html output fix on the Contribs page (for sorting out ampersands "&") made the site load a bit quicker, but still not up to the speed I would expect.

Still goti it disabled for now :'(

Doc

I found that it slowed down the loading of images on my site as well. I liked the contribution, but the cost in slower page load was not worth the benefits so I have currently disabled it.

Hi Tom,

Great Image Magic Contribution! Everything works fine except for the Graphics and Text Watermarks.

I have GD Version - bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

I've tried changing the code "In the tep_image() function Replace both occurances of $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] with $PHP_SELF

(just $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] I.E nothing before or after it on the same line)

" as per one suggestion...Made no difference...

Any other ideas?

Site is www.manotechsolutions.com

When i try to add any watermarks, graphic or test to small thumbs, it breaks all the images.

When I add test/graphical images to popups or category images, I don't see any watermarks. None of the watermarks seem to work for some reason.

Any suggestions.

Mark

Hello,

I just installed this contribution, but it seems that the watermarks don't work. I've read the forum 3 times and make the changes I found, but still no changes.

Also it seems that the url for the pictures not show the imagesmagic url.

Im a little confused. :huh:

The link to my shop.

kind regards,

P@rick

ok, found the problem...

Just didn't read <_<

But 1 problem still exists, now there are no images..

I'm running on a windows server and created the thumbnails dir. I can see that there are some images in that dir. but the are not show on the site ??

kind regards,

P@rick

I loaded the Image Magic code up, but now all i get is Cache Error, cannot create Dir, check readme. well i went through and made the entire catalog read write for testing purposes, did not change a thing, i created thumbnail folders in every place i could think of, didnt work. I do not know why i cannot make this work. Can someone please advise ASAP.

Thanks