• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

Try this instead:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

It covers everything I needed from IM.

Thanks psynaptic i would if it coverd every need i have for my store ;) I allready have IM 1.4(?) installed and would like to update that code to the latest available IM or at least what was available. Dont get med wrong the "'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library" contrib is a nice contrib, but i lacks some features i love with IM.

If anyone has the IM i was requesting I would still love a link or something where I can download tomjmul's latest version from.

--

D-BlooD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest what features are missing from OTF?

There is a link earlier in the thread. That might be to the latest version.

The border function is missing for instance, watermark and a couple of more features.. About the link posted its for the 1.7 version thats edited by someone else then him. There is no changelog to see what they have changed I would therefore like he's 1.6. Yeah and belive me the 1.6 is not available through this thread at least i have read through all 58 pages today just to get up to date on what has been happening.

Thanks again..

--

D-BlooD

Edited by D-BlooD

• 1 month later...

im trying to use image magic in a javascript code that is used to change in the product_info.php the main image to another image from contribution ultimate image on a mousover, this using javascript mouseover function in the tep_image function... hope you follow me :

<?php  echo  "<a href=\"java script:popupWindow('" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id'] . 'ℑ=0')  . "')\">" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']),ADD_IMAGE_WIDTH, ADD_IMAGE_HEIGHT, "hspace='1' vspace='1'". "  onMouseOver=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] . "'\"") . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

as you can see, this is the part who give me headaches :

onMouseOver=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] . "'\

since the onmouseover just give a src path using DIR_WS_IMAGES and not tep_image

have you got any clues ?

MS2

onMouseOver=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] . "'\

You may give a try to:

onMouseOver="document.images['prodimg'].src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']  etc....

Edited by pixclinic

CODE

onMouseOver="document.images['prodimg'].src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] etc....

i dont understand since you still dont use tep_image but rather DIR_WS_IMAGES :blink:

i was more thinking of the trick of giving image_magic.php in the path:

. 'ℑ=0') . "')\">" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']),ADD_IMAGE_WIDTH, ADD_IMAGE_HEIGHT, "hspace='1' vspace='1'". " onMouseOver=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='imagemagic.php?img=" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] . "&w=360&h=360&page='\"") . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>';

MS2

I don't think your JS code will work. JS is waiting for a path to an image, while imagemagic.php returns the image itself.

well i check the path and seems that i give the same path, but i dont see any difference and i mnot sure imagemagick as rework the image

MS2

here is a hint for my question but really to strong level needed for me :

Add a boolean parameter to the tep_image() function with a false value

as default. Change the function slightly so that if this parameter is

set to true, only the raw image path is output rather than a full img

tag

MS2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error as mentioned by sitandspin back in November. Basically, my store has been working fine, but now when a number of images are returned, in say the category listing, some of them will be a blank image with the words "Error Database Connection" in the top left corner. This is actually the image stored in the thumbnails directory.

I'm guessing that it might be some kind of maximum database connection being exceeded, but am not sure where to start looking. I've had to switch off IM for now as sometimes 5 or more images are returned incorrectly and I don't want customers being put off.

I guess that maybe my host has changed something recently, but haven't a clue what. Any ideas?

Ok, so i installed Image Magic a while back and everything went smooth without any problems.

A few weeks ago, i applied the register globals patch after which i noticed that when i upload new products with images, the images show up in admin side, but not on the catalog (store front).

I also noticed that some of my old products that were already uploaded before the register globals patch was applied show up without any problems, but a few of the product images show on the catalog, but do not show up in detail view or pop up window.

I checked to make sure the path, spelling was correct. Evertyhing checks out and the jpg file is actually on the server too. When i try to link directly to the image using the browser, it shows up. It's only when image magic kicks in to display the images does it not show up.

I'm sure some of you have experienced the same issues and was hoping that there was a solution to this out there.

I have also installed easypopulate which stopped working after the register globals patch was applied. I added php_value register_globals 1 in the .htaccess file which seems to have taken care of the easypopulate issue, but not the image magic issue.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ok, so i installed Image Magic a while back and everything went smooth without any problems.

A few weeks ago, i applied the register globals patch after which i noticed that when i upload new products with images, the images show up in admin side, but not on the catalog (store front).

I also noticed that some of my old products that were already uploaded before the register globals patch was applied show up without any problems, but a few of the product images show on the catalog, but do not show up in detail view or pop up window.

I checked to make sure the path, spelling was correct. Evertyhing checks out and the jpg file is actually on the server too. When i try to link directly to the image using the browser, it shows up. It's only when image magic kicks in to display the images does it not show up.

I'm sure some of you have experienced the same issues and was hoping that there was a solution to this out there.

I have also installed easypopulate which stopped working after the register globals patch was applied. I added php_value register_globals 1 in the .htaccess file which seems to have taken care of the easypopulate issue, but not the image magic issue.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

So i just got this to work. Apparently, i had to set "Cache Thumbnails on the Server = False"

Any reason why?

Hi, a few days ago my hoster (a friend of mine) turned on some error reporting function on his server, and all images were gone... except for the pictures on the full discription. when he turned off the error reporting all pictures were showing up.

i replaced imagemagic.php v1.5 for imagemagic.php v1.7 and all images where showing up,

Everything works fine now except that the watermark ain't showing up, and after 2 days's of searching, i can't get it work properly.

somebody has a clue?

• 3 months later...

If you are looking for similar contribution, try oscThumb. Functionalities are same as ImageMagik but it is based on the open-source project phpThumb.

One remark for ImageMagik users: the protection of images against thieves is not strong enough, I can get your original images even they are watermarked and path is crypted! If this is critical for you, have a look at oscThumb.

- Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I'm having problems with my imagemagic instalation.

My site is www.ghibliportugal.com and an example of the problem can be found in

http://www.ghibliportugal.com/v_1_0/produc...;products_id=26

and the image:

imagemagic.php?img=images/microsoft/imexplorer.gif&w=270&h=216&page=prod_info

I've checked in the thumbnails directory and the file imexplorer.gif.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_270x216_0d93e7b015a2a0b4cb6adfa1ae73e42a

.gif exists and the hash in the admin is 0d93e7b015a2a0b4cb6adfa1ae73e42a.

The problem is that the image isn´t displayed.

Does anyone have an ideia to what is wrong?

Best Regards

RUi Castro

Hello Tomjmul

I'm having problems with my imagemagic instalation.

My site is www.ghibliportugal.com and an example of the problem can be found in

http://www.ghibliportugal.com/v_1_0/produc...;products_id=26

and the image:

imagemagic.php?img=images/microsoft/imexplorer.gif&w=270&h=216&page=prod_info

I've checked in the thumbnails directory and the file imexplorer.gif.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_270x216_0d93e7b015a2a0b4cb6adfa1ae73e42a

.gif exists and the hash in the admin is 0d93e7b015a2a0b4cb6adfa1ae73e42a.

The problem is that the image isn´t displayed.

Does anyone have an ideia to what is wrong?

Best Regards

RUi Castro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 509

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagejpeg(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 508

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagestring(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 505

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagestring(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 505

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagefilledrectangle(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 503

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 501

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 500

[Mon Feb 4 09:24:48 2008] [error] PHP Warning: imagecreate() [<a href='function.imagecreate'>function.imagecreate</a>]: Invalid image dimensions in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/imagemagic.php on line 499

I realize this contribution is not available any longer, but I was hoping there was someone out there who could tell me why I am seeing this in my error log. I dont recall seeing it in the log before this past month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have image magic 1.14 installed, i'am trying to move the shop from PHP4 to PHP5.

The contribution does not show the images, instead of that gives me the folloeing error: "Error, file path incorrect, check configure.php"

There is a way to solve this?

Best Regards, André.

Edited by lopes_andre

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have image magic 1.14 installed, i'am trying to move the shop from PHP4 to PHP5.

The contribution does not show the images, instead of that gives me the folloeing error: "Error, file path incorrect, check configure.php"

There is a way to solve this?

Best Regards, André.

I'm having exactly the same problem André. I don't suppose you found a fix for the problem, did you?

This is the support thread for the 'Image Magic' contribution.

If you are having difficulties installing or using this contribution, your first port of call should be the readme file contained within the package or available online in its most recent form:

here

Next, you should make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the contribution.

And lastly, read this thread to see if someone else has solved the issue.

If you are still having problems, then feel free to post here.

This contrib was one big clusterf@#!

My advise - stay away!