• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Music Genres

I've recently made the switch from ZenCart to osCommerce for a new site we're creating. In ZenCart, there was a (relatively) standard feature (came installed with our host's ZC installation) for Music-related stores.

It contained: Record Artists, Record Companies, Music Genre (in addition to the normal Manufacturer, etc. categories). You could sort by genre, artist or company.

We must have this (or similar) in our new osC shop, which will be a retail store instead of a wholesale shop like our ZenCart shop.

Has anyone seen a contribution that will do this, or know of someone who has done it? We are desperate to get this module up and running as soon as possible, it is the only thing holding us up from finishing the site and getting it ready to be launched.

Many thanks!

I've recently made the switch from ZenCart to osCommerce for a new site we're creating. In ZenCart, there was a (relatively) standard feature (came installed with our host's ZC installation) for Music-related stores.

It contained: Record Artists, Record Companies, Music Genre (in addition to the normal Manufacturer, etc. categories). You could sort by genre, artist or company.

We must have this (or similar) in our new osC shop, which will be a retail store instead of a wholesale shop like our ZenCart shop.

Has anyone seen a contribution that will do this, or know of someone who has done it? We are desperate to get this module up and running as soon as possible, it is the only thing holding us up from finishing the site and getting it ready to be launched.

Many thanks!

Well you could just rename "manufacturer" to "record label" in your admin, store, and through myphpadmin or if your require more fields, there's an Extra Fields contribution...

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Many thanks!

I have a osCommerce site www.recordhaven.com. I too sell retail vinyl records. Most of changes I made were in the index.php, however, there are several other places to change. If you have not solved this yet I would be more than happy to show you exactly where you need to go and make the changes.

Archived