• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warnings and errors

When trying to make changes a number of error mesages appear, see examples below. The solution seems to be to make changes in the php-code but I do not seem to be authorised to write changes to the directory where the files are located. I am new to this and would need some help to solve this.

Rasmus

Warning: session_save_path(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 140556/140556 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Error: I can not write to this directory. Please set the right user permissions on: /hsphere/local/home/reonet/reonet.se/

If you don't have authorisation, you must change the permissions of the file so that it is writable. Otherwise, it will discard any changes you have made.

The headers already sent error, I've encountered numerous times myself. It's probably that you installed some script that conflicts with the oscommerce code (i.e. defining the same things, i.e. the header, but in different files).

If you have access to your hosting account's control panel, you can change the permissions of files directly. If you don't, you can still do it, but someone else can post how to do it because I don't do it that way.

Kind Regards,

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Archived