• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cookies Path

tina_boots

Hello,

I have a working cart that has been in place for about a year. The cart was installed with everything in the default location "www.domain.com/catalog". Recently we decided that we wanted to display some products on a few pages within the root directory of the site. I was able to get that to work basically by making a few modifications to the path definations for the pages that exist in the root directory.

The problem I've encountered however is we seem to be losing cookie information. When a customer logs in and then happens to go back to a page in the root directory, she is prompted to log in again when she goes to checkout.

I am making the assumption that this is a cookie issue. Right now in the config file the cookies path is the default:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

I'm wondering if I were to modify this to something along these lines that it might solve the problem?:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

In hindsight I realize that it likely would have worked out better to install osC in the root directory rather than in /catalog. However since the cart has been functioning well, I would rather not try to mess with doing that at this point, only as a last resort.

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Archived