• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

broke my database, little help

mojo2185

I'm going to get lectured for this one...

I started deleting country names using the admin panel of osCommerce, then was told to not delete any afterall. "Easy" I figured, I'd go back and restore the database from a few days ago. I did not backup the database before doing so >_< and after restoring the database, realized that:

1) all the default products installed with osCommerce were now back

2) any test products I added were now gone

3) one of the contributions I added Ultra Pics with HTML Editor (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1689) no longer worked correctly as it involved a database script to be uploaded during installation.

No worries with the first 2 problems, I can easily delete and readd my stuff. However, when I try to re-run that database script for the contribution, I get all kinds of errors in phpMyAdmin, it looks like a "duplicate entry" error. Advice for fixing this?

Thanks for any advice in my moment of stupidity.

The last problem means your database is corrupted/missing. Try reloading it again from your backup. You may need to use phpmyadmin to do this. Then just upload the sql file for that contribution. You should be all set.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived