• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hidden Products

Olimess

Hi everyone,

Here's my dilemma.

I currently have mulitple products that I am offering to my customers. At some point all of these products will be replaced with the newer versions of these products. The thing is that I don't want to offer these newer products until the old products run out.

What I want to do is to be able to direct a user to a new page (for the newer product) if they choose a product that is out of stock. I am using QTPro to help me do this. This contribution basically keeps track of individual QTY stock levels for each unique product option.

For example,

Let's say I'm selling Product A that comes in Black, White and Red. I have all options in stock except Red. The QTPro contribution allows the user to select an option (colour) from the Product A product page and inform the user that "Red" is no longer in stock if they choose Red from the drop down menu option. It would be nice to provide a link at this point as well. This link would direct the user to the new product page. This page would be hidden to all users otherwise, unless they happen to try to order an item that is no longer in stock.

Does anyone know of a contribution that could handle this or of any method to code this into osCommerce?

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Olimess

Archived