• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with Subcategories

I have a few different categories for my products that also have subcategories. Most of them work great, when you click on the main category a list of the subcategories shows up above the products. But one of my main categories that has a few subcategories just shows nothing when I click on it. The page is blank with no subcategory links or any products(I think there is only 1 product). The subcategories can still be reached through the menu on the left of the screen but that is the only way to see them and it can be confusing at times. Any ideas?

Thanks.

you can see what I mean at http://www.courtstreetlighting.net/osCommerce/ The 'Vanity Strips' is the category that is messed up.

I have a few different categories for my products that also have subcategories. Most of them work great, when you click on the main category a list of the subcategories shows up above the products. But one of my main categories that has a few subcategories just shows nothing when I click on it. The page is blank with no subcategory links or any products(I think there is only 1 product). The subcategories can still be reached through the menu on the left of the screen but that is the only way to see them and it can be confusing at times. Any ideas?

Thanks.

you can see what I mean at http://www.courtstreetlighting.net/osCommerce/ The 'Vanity Strips' is the category that is messed up.

Hi!

You have certainly defined one or more products under that category (Vanity Strips) and afterwards set on disable or something like that. In order to show subcategories, you must not have products defined in your current category. So delete the product that correspond to this category with e.g. phpMyAdmin (table products_to_categories).

kind regards

Ga?tan Hermann

Hi!

You have certainly defined one or more products under that category (Vanity Strips) and afterwards set on disable or something like that. In order to show subcategories, you must not have products defined in your current category. So delete the product that correspond to this category with e.g. phpMyAdmin (table products_to_categories).

kind regards

Ga?tan Hermann

I moved the products and everything works now, Thanks!

Archived