• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No input file specified.

MicroShaft

HI

i have oscom on my local machine for testing. i recentely installed a SEO mod, which asked for the SEF seeting to be on . installed the mod and i kept getting No input file specified. no ive chnaged all the files back turned off SEF but im still getting No input file specified.

Please can someone advise me what im doing wrong

my details

IIS/php/myslq

HI

i have oscom on my local machine for testing. i recentely installed a SEO mod, which asked for the SEF seeting to be on . installed the mod and i kept getting No input file specified. no ive chnaged all the files back turned off SEF but im still getting No input file specified.

Please can someone advise me what im doing wrong

my details

IIS/php/myslq

Use your backup files to restore your shop back to the way it was before...

If you do not have a backup, follow the SEO contrib instructions backwards to restore your files back to the original setup.

IIS does not allow .htaccess rewrites , so you can not use any of the seo url contribs except the cname and pname one which do not use .htaccess

Use your backup files to restore your shop back to the way it was before...

If you do not have a backup, follow the SEO contrib instructions backwards to restore your files back to the original setup.

IIS does not allow .htaccess rewrites , so you can not use any of the seo url contribs except the cname and pname one which do not use .htaccess

Becuase im not using apache on my local testing server . if i installed apache and installed the shop in there should the mod work.

Can you tell me which is the best SEF mod around with the least amouts of bugs and one that is easy to install. i need to istall this to show the product names i also need to add a mod for keywords and descriptions any suggestions which is the best.

the live shop is hosted on unix apache system.

Becuase im not using apache on my local testing server . if i installed apache and installed the shop in there should the mod work.

Can you tell me which is the best SEF mod around with the least amouts of bugs and one that is easy to install. i need to istall this to show the product names i also need to add a mod for keywords and descriptions any suggestions which is the best.

the live shop is hosted on unix apache system.

Easy and quck install...

- Ultimate SEO Urls for urls

- C-Dynamic meta tags for meta-tags

:thumbsup:

I managed to get installed no errors YET :P

but i have a query maybe you could help me with the meta_tag.php file located

includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

i have to adjust some user settings. at the moment i had left it at it is and im getting no keywords or descriptions showing

is there a setting i should change to enable keywords and descriptions to show

# USER SETTINGS															 #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#	
# If you want to cache the results (reduce server load and boost speed)
$cache_type = 0; # number only, no ' or "
#  0 (zero) = off
#  1 = Use Chemo's osC Advanced Cache Class **REQUIRES v1.1 or higher**
#  2 = Cache to directory ** MUST specify $meta_cache_path **

# If using Cache Class set lifetime of cache:
$expires = '30/days'; # only valid if $cache_type = 1

# only valid if $cache_type = 2
# must have read-write permissions
# specified in admin/includes/reset/meta_tags.php (if you changed it) MUST HAVE READ/WRITE CHMOD to 777
$meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG.'cache/'; #this should work for most

# Show Model in Title
$show_model_in_title = false;  # no ' or "
#  true or false

# Show Manufacturer in Title
$show_man_in_title = true;  # no ' or "
#  true or false

# Enter y=text to be removed from Manufacturers when using them for keywords
# enter in all lower case
$strip_man_array = array('inc.','co.','inc'); 

# Pages to use HEADING_TITLE for title
# Do not list pages w/ specific meta tags: (index.php, product_info.php, specials.php, products_new.php)
$heading_pages = array('contact_us.php', 'product_reviews.php');

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Define specific meta tags by entering the value between the '':

# For all pages using meta_tags:
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL',''); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL',''); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL',''); # Keywords

# For default index page (no products or categories)
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX',''); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX',''); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX',''); # Keywords

okay i managed to get it working. i have another question (i knw i knw when will this guy stop)

what use is the cache facilitie

why should i have it or why shouldnt i have it.

cheers

If you have a fairly small shop product/category wise it will not make much difference...but if you have a big site with many products/categories it will decrease the db queries and speed up your page loads.

Even for a small site there are only pros and no cons of using the cache feature.

Att. if you decide to use the file cache , remeber to cmod the cache folder to 777

Im finding it hard to find anybody else with this problem may be you might have a idea.

ive installed chemo's mod the ultimate seo url TWICE but i cant get to see it in the configuration menu in admin.

i just read a reply to one of post where they asked if i have ran the db script

WHAT db script i didnt see no mention of a db script in the docmentation.

the mod is useless at the moment

thanks

Im finding it hard to find anybody else with this problem may be you might have a idea.

ive installed chemo's mod the ultimate seo url TWICE but i cant get to see it in the configuration menu in admin.

i just read a reply to one of post where they asked if i have ran the db script

WHAT db script i didnt see no mention of a db script in the docmentation.

the mod is useless at the moment

thanks

depending on which version you use..the oldest ones have a query included in the instructions to run in phpmyadmin

the not old but not latest, have a file you upload to your server, then you direct your browser to the file location, press install and you are done

the latest versions, well you just upload the files add the includes to your includes/application_top.php and as by magic the db values are installed too.. (located under admin>>configuration)

Att..if you have an admin login with access controll, you might need to give yourself access to view this settings before you will be able to see them..lol

depending on which version you use..the oldest ones have a query included in the instructions to run in phpmyadmin

the not old but not latest, have a file you upload to your server, then you direct your browser to the file location, press install and you are done

the latest versions, well you just upload the files add the includes to your includes/application_top.php and as by magic the db values are installed too.. (located under admin>>configuration)

Att..if you have an admin login with access controll, you might need to give yourself access to view this settings before you will be able to see them..lol

thanks man,

it was the if statements surounding the html_output and application_top. they were stopping the scripts from running. i took them out then, after i placed them back in.

Archived