• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN v1.1 fails when Enable Encrypted Web Payments

IndiaStarker

Hi all,

I just installed PayPal IPN v1.1 and with encription set to true, upon payment confirmation, the buyer gets the paypal page on the sandbox : "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."

With encryption set to false, the payment page is ok. (Other than the tax being omitted but that is a different subject.)

I followed the instructions on pg 67 Website Payment Integration Guide (French version) :

Summary:

I made my private key:

>openssl genrsa -out my-prvkey.pem 1024

I made my public certificate:

> openssl req -new -key my-prvkey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-pubcert.pem

I downloaded the certificate from Sandbox, Profile, Certificats de cryptage pour site marchand (whatever that is in English)

I renamed the certificate from PayPal to a .pem (was .txt)

I don't know if you are supposed to rename it but the message said it should be in pem format.

I uploaded my public certificate to PayPal(Sandbox). An id was displayed.

I entered in the administration part of osCommerce, the full pathnames of the placements of the certificates :

Your Private Key
/www/catalog/keys/my-prvkey.pem

Your Public Certificate
/www/catalog/keys/my-pubcert.pem

PayPals Public Certificate
/www/catalog/keys/paypal_cert_sandbox.pem

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID
AMJZITUMRKHYZ

Working Directory
/www/catalog/temp/paypalipn/

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

What's wrong?

I repeated the entire procedure (new private key and certificates) but I still get the information missing message.

What triggers this message and why don't I get such a message without encryption?

Thanks in advance,

India

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.