• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optimize in SQL files

monkeyman

Just curious...can anyone tell me what happens if I select all files in my osCommerce SQL database (as viewed through php myAdmin) and select "optimize"? Is this a good thing to do or will it alter anything? In a previous post of mine to the board a few months back concerning repairing a sessions table, the response also included the advice, "and while you are there you may as well go ahead and select all tables and optimize". I just need to know a bit more about this function before I feel safe in doing it.

Just curious...can anyone tell me what happens if I select all files in my osCommerce SQL database (as viewed through php myAdmin) and select "optimize"? Is this a good thing to do or will it alter anything? In a previous post of mine to the board a few months back concerning repairing a sessions table, the response also included the advice, "and while you are there you may as well go ahead and select all tables and optimize". I just need to know a bit more about this function before I feel safe in doing it.

Does anyone know?

Archived